Swiss Fugitive | A vintage style pilot watch

Hello everyone, 

This is my second project after building the Skull Watch for my daughter's birthday. 

I also wanted a watch with a Swiss movement for myself; And I found a Unitas 6498-1 for this cool "B-Typ Fliegeruhr" project (that's German for a navigator type pilot watch). 

This time however, I've put my text and photos into the PDF file attached because its easier to edit that way.

Okay, and I'll post one teaser photo right here!

Cheers,

Mark

20200416_154713.jpg

Swiss Fugitive.pdf

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

I enjoyed reading your last project and thought the idea of the brass strips in this watch was a great idea to overcome the problem of the gap.

It appears from the last timegrapher reading that the watch has a mainspring that is too strong. Was the reading the same after servicing the watch? Did you change the mainspring?

I had the same reading in a recent watch. It only had that mad reading after it was wound past three quarters full wind. I removed the mainspring and found that it was too thick, thus increasing the strength past what the watch was designed for. I replaced the mainspring with the correct strength and found it corrected the problem.

Edited by Jon

Hi Jon, 

the measurements were done on the watch before servicing. I look forward to repeating the timegrapher measurements after servicing. 

The movement was sold to me a New Old Stock. If this is true then it should have the original parts. Hopefully a good cleaning and fresh lubrication will fix it. Let's see.

Mark