Omega Spare Parts Network

Hi guys. Has anyone had any experience becoming part of the Omega spare parts network? I can't find any info online. Other than WatchGuy on his blog years ago shared an email from Omega in which they listed out some of the equipment requirements.

Ultrasonic cleaning machine ACS 900 
Griener with ventilation
Witschi proofmaster S or MRoxer natator 125
Condensation tester
Timer with co-axial programme Witschi 3
Quartz tester analyser Q1
Recognised watchmaker bench with Light
Chemical cabinet
Microscope with 2 light sources and x 40
Small fridge for oils
Separated polishing room with motor and extraction.
Recognised qualification and experience

There are also Brand specific tools to purchase for Omega cost £6-4000 dependant on generic tools.

I'm curious to know who to contact to apply to find out more.

Is there a bench exam of some kind? Do they visit you?

If anyone has been through this process I would be very grateful to hear from you.

You would have to apply to the Swatch group directly so they will be able to tell you the requirements you need in order to be dictated to on the watches you can and cannot service and the prices you should be charging and what parts they may or may not supply you depending which way the wind is blowing.

47 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

You would have to apply to the Swatch group directly so they will be able to tell you the requirements 

I suppose the right point of contact would be Omega, assuming that the holding entity magnanimously allows each owned company to set their standards on the matter.

Other than that I can only note that the list above is easily Euro 20K worth of equipment, that wouldn't be even much of an issue since it's just money, but where I suppose most applicants fall short is when it come to prove 

Recognised qualification and experience

On 5/3/2020 at 2:48 PM, margolisd said:

Hi guys. Has anyone had any experience becoming part of the Omega spare parts network? I can't find any info online.

Like the most already answered you have to contact Omega and ask.
What you listed looks like a list someone already partially filled in an application, most likely you will get a questionary to fill in where you not just list the equipment asked for but also the credentials of the persons working with the watches too.
Some points of interrest has been:

-  Staff

-Premisses

-Technical equipment 

-General

Before if you wanted to get into the worldwide service network either you or the employee had to have successfully completed the OWME (Omega WatchMaker Evaluation).
But who knows times might have changed or they have different procedures in different countries.

On 5/12/2020 at 7:15 AM, HSL said:

By the way took a moment to visit your webshop.. great design like it a lot.

Cheers HSL. It's bringing me some business which is great. Still no reply from Omega...

Edited by margolisd

Wow. I just got a warning for advertising and self promotion because a link to my website was on my signature. That seems crazy. On the profile settings for signature it says you can post a url. So I did. I regularly contribute on this forum and it’s good to be able to learn about each other and share our websites. No? I doubt I’m going to get very far selling watchmaker services to watchmakers!

In fact, this is the second time I’ve had a warning. Previously because I was selling something on eBay that could have been genuinely useful to others. This seems really mean. There’s a difference between spam and posting helpful and relevant links. I’m clearly not a spammer. Surely?

Whoever is moderating is too trigger happy in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, margolisd said:

In fact, this is the second time I’ve had a warning

out of curiosity I went and read the rules and you're right you can have a URL but and I'm quoting from the guidelines which we all should read from time to time anyway.

"It is not permitted for you to advertise or promote your product or commercial website without prior permission. You may place a link in your signature to your own personal (non-commercial) website if you wish."

then the reason I was reading the rules were I get nervous if I post a link to anyone selling anything even if it's relevant. That's because there's other discussion groups that you can never place a link to anyone selling anything it's in violation. Or if you place a link to eBay it has to be a completed sales. So it looks like it's okay if I place a link to something relevant for the subject.

On the other hand seeing this I went to my history file and found your website. Looking at it I do notice a problem? from your list up above one of the items is "Recognised qualification and experience" . The reason I bring this up is I went to a Seattle website a long multi-generation family of watch repair that actually still has their Rolex account which is quite remarkable. Don't even think about getting up Rolex parts account anywhere in the planet every. So well known and they had this (WOSTEP and/or CW21) certificates.

this was something I noticed on your website I didn't see any reference to certificates or any associations with professional watch Association's?  so in addition to all that expensive equipment some of which shall never use I suspect they're going to want to see some certificates from accredited schools or that you've taken the tests show your qualified.

Then thinking about professional associations have you reached out to the BHI and asked them if they have any knowledge of how to get a Omega parts account?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, margolisd said:

Wow. I just got a warning for advertising and self promotion because a link to my website was on my signature. That seems crazy. On the profile settings for signature it says you can post a url. So I did. I regularly contribute on this forum and it’s good to be able to learn about each other and share our websites. No? I doubt I’m going to get very far selling watchmaker services to watchmakers!

In fact, this is the second time I’ve had a warning. Previously because I was selling something on eBay that could have been genuinely useful to others. This seems really mean. There’s a difference between spam and posting helpful and relevant links. I’m clearly not a spammer. Surely?

Whoever is moderating is too trigger happy in my opinion.

It was me. You should not be offended - the rules on this forum are clearly stipulated, I make these rules for a reason and if i'm accused of being trigger happy for enforcing them - then so be it ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark said:

It was me. You should not be offended - the rules on this forum are clearly stipulated, I make these rules for a reason and if i'm accused of being trigger happy for enforcing them - then so be it ;)

I have no problem with rules. And I love your forum, your videos and have the utmost respect for what you've done. But this could be made a bit clearer? i.e "Maximum of 1 URL that doesn't link to a commercial website". Problem solved without having to scald your members.

Image 16-05-2020 at 11.03.jpeg

6 minutes ago, margolisd said:

I have no problem with rules. And I love your forum, your videos and have the utmost respect for what you've done. But this could be made a bit clearer? i.e "Maximum of 1 URL that doesn't link to a commercial website". Problem solved without having to scald your members.

Image 16-05-2020 at 11.03.jpeg

You feel I was scolding you? OK - well if I was scolding you then I would have mentioned this was the second time you have been warned for posting links to your commercial venture. 

The message regarding both warnings - one in 2019 and one yesterday were private to you only - you were actually the one to bring it up publicly in this thread. So if you feel I was scolding you (I wasn't) then you have yourself to blame.

The fact is - you knowingly broke the rules - I resolved it privately so as not to embarrass you, you made a meal of it publicly - and now i'm done with the issue.

• Sad 1

• Mark locked this topic