Vostok Reference Materials?

Hey all,

I just picked up a mid-90’s era Vostok Commander with a 2414A movement for cheap on eBay. I’m wondering if any of you fine folks out there have any tips, advice, or reference material on Vostok watches? I realize that any reference material that’s out there is probably in Russian, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. Google translate is pretty good these days, and I also happen to have friends that speak Russian.

Also, please don’t hesitate to tell me that I’m an idiot or that I bought a lemon. At least it was cheap. :P 

Thanks in advance! Attached is a photo of the watch.

0999FB32-C328-4A81-9D12-24F4FE8FCD51.png

4 hours ago, Dumasdrew said:

Also, please don’t hesitate to tell me that I’m an idiot or that I bought a lemon.

Hardly a lemon, in my opinion, they are interesting, fun, and it appears very collectible watches.

If you want to see how to service it, Mark's video on the subject might help.

.. and greetings from my "lemon". :P

RIMG0684.thumb.JPG.0f10e6a0746ee09d874f7

1 minute ago, AndyHull said:

Hardly a lemon, in my opinion, they are interesting, fun, and it appears very collectible watches.

Right? I think they’re pretty cool, and certainly a conversation piece.

I’ve watched Mark’s video several times, and will watch it several times more.

Now comes the long wait until it arrives from Russia...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dumasdrew said:

Hey all,

I just picked up a mid-90’s era Vostok Commander with a 2414A movement for cheap on eBay. I’m wondering if any of you fine folks out there have any tips, advice, or reference material on Vostok watches? I realize that any reference material that’s out there is probably in Russian, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. Google translate is pretty good these days, and I also happen to have friends that speak Russian.

Also, please don’t hesitate to tell me that I’m an idiot or that I bought a lemon. At least it was cheap. :P 

Thanks in advance! Attached is a photo of the watch.

0999FB32-C328-4A81-9D12-24F4FE8FCD51.png

Great watch!

Far from being a lemon. I love Russian watches from that era. Beautifully made and definitely well engineered.

• Like 1