removing date click on ETA 2824-2 movement for a new date dial

hoot

I have a watch that has no date but it has a 28 24-2 and when I pull it out the freewheelin date indicators still there I would really love it if a video can be made on how to remove that center click I heard part number 445 from a 2801 ETA movement would do the trick can someone help me with that.  Cheers

• Sad 1

No need to buy a complete movement as you can buy those "2 positions setting levers" as parts.
I still have to search where I saw them so I'll do that on Monday and post a link.
On July I'll is 2 off those movements so I'll try to shoot some good pics along the process and post as well.

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank You.

The watch in question is the new "gen 2" Ginault with no date they just sent an email to me saying they did not remove the second click to save money this is the first time I really found this company to cheap out.

I love the watch has a ceramic bezel don't glass yellow sand for the loom I don't understand why they just didn't make it two click.

Thank you for your reply and I will be anxious to see the parts I need to get.

I wonder if Mike would work on this if I sent them.

Best regards hoot

I have a 2824-2 watch with no date and a center click as well. I'm on the fence whether to do the same and upgrade to the top grade parts, or just find a new top grade movement and use this for some other project... Please post full details and the whole schmagoigle so I can follow your lead.

I will let you know.

If you find a good movement that will fit right in there please let me know what it is we'll keep each other informed I just tried calling ETA up but it didn't go through the call. I'll try again in a few minutes.

Best regards

You can find ETA 2824-2 movements. The Sellita SW200-1 (I think the dash is right) is a drop in replacement with a few improvements, and I've read (but not personally confirmed) that many parts swap directly. There are also a variety of Chinese copies. The 2824 patents ran out a long time ago, and anyone who wants to can use the design for fun and profit. As for a specifically dateless version, I don't know the exact movement number for it, but that'd be a bit more difficult to find.

Thank you,
The little spring part number 445 has a double lug on it so there's not a third pull on it. I've been doing some research and take it on the mechanisms out for the day and then dropping in the 445 should do the trick. 

If anybody has first-hand knowledge of this I'd appreciate it.

Thank you again, and please everybody stay safe. Best regards

No truer words were spoken. You can take a Jewelers file. Then file the center of old down.

Next trick is to get a jeweler to do it cuz I can't.

It would be much easier to try to find a movement or I hope that somebody will come along and say hey I could do that for you.

Thank you hoot

A file won’t quite solve this as you will lose the jump between the 2 positions.

You need to swap the set lever spring (445), for one from the list of movements here

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=X`_DXGUL

ETA restricts the part, so Cousins won’t sell it, but it looks like Jukes Borel has it in stock, or you can get one from eBay.

Swapping the movement complete would be an equally complex job, and more expensive.

• Like 1

http://www.startimesupply.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=ETA2824-0445&Category_Code=1H-Parts-Movt-IntParts-ETA-05

I don't have these things to hand, and google doesn't apparently have much in the way of images indexed to show me what it looks like. Here's this guy though. Looks like a single large detent, then a slightly smaller one that may or may not (but I'm betting not) register as the second detent.

One of the skills I need to get sorted for this new hobby is parts sourcing, so let me know if this is the part sourced.

http://www.ofrei.com/page1439.html

Another.

Edited by spectre6000

The star time link is for the part you have with 3 positions.

Both are listed on the Ofrei page - the one for a 2801-2 movement, 445/1327 is the 2 position version and the other, 445/1328 is the 3 position one. The pictures are from different angles but you can see the difference.

OK. It was hard to tell if the second detent was really fully a detent, and the OFrei image is a drawing rather than the actual part. I also found an eBay link that was probably the wrong one, but was hard to tell because the critical part was behind a corner in the blister pack and all distorted. 

Can you enlighten the ignorant as to how you came to know the specific part number and movements from which to look for it?

It's a direct swap ... easy as long as you know how to dismantle a keyless works and put it back ...
The lest part you put back is the setting lever ... use the 2 positions instead of the 3 positions and the "gohst position" is removed ...

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you for your information can you tell me if you have a part number for that two notch lever in what movement it would normally come in so I can refer haymaker by on it. I am so sure so many people are happy to see what's being said here I know I can't be the only one that has a problem with a phantom click I was very disappointed with Ginault. when they said that they would not remove it because they want to streamline manufacturing to watch I don't like it. That's what makes a quality item "detail". Without a doubt and I'm repeating myself the watch I bought it beautiful but I wanted to function normally.

Manodeoro, can you let me know what that part number is, thank you so much for that.

I never was in a form before like this. And with all the help everyone here has given me I am so grateful. Thank you so much.

Be well be safe. if anybody knows the jeweler that would do this in the New York area or I don't really care I'll mail the watches. I would appreciate that.

God bless be safe, George aka hoot

Great news everyone. I just got a call from ofrei.com talked with a man there he told me to contact a wcia.com going to watch maker this is actually a common issue and there are many people out there watchmakers that do this fix it. This is so great the part number is 445 /1328 it will work in the 28 24-2 movement again everybody thank you .

The man's name at ofrei.com is Sione he was very knowledgeable and they even sell nude 2824-2 about 250 bucks each 256 to be exact. And the part is $8 I have learned so much since I've been on this news group for only the few days.

Be well and be safe with this virus to all.

Thank you.hoot