Hammer on Star Wheel

Willow

Hi hope everyone are keeping well, and managing to keep busy,  i have put clock back together and its striking on the hours ok the problem is the hammer  tab is stopping on the star wheel and i am right in thinking that the hammer should drop and the tab should between the teeth of the star, i am reluctant to mess with the hammer and star if it disturbs other things when there is no need thanks Willow

IMG_20200429_095430044.jpg

IMG_20200429_095328548.jpg

Hi Watchweasol thanks for replying so quick, no i didn't take of the gathering pallet i thought you didn't have to do that if there was nothing wrong with it. I have seen that video and i must say it freaked me out a bit, but i decided to give it a go but it was so tight i was scared i might break something.

Thanks Willow

You can usually get it in adjustment by moving the gathering pallet. If you left it on during disassembly and reassembly there's still no guarantee that things are aligned. You can just pull the plates apart enough to shift the wheels around and hope that things get better, but easiest is really to remove the gathering pallet and place it in a good position.

To remove you want large levers, if you don't have that you can use screwdrivers turned so the side so they make almost parallel contact, and protect the plate with thin cardboard. Grabbing and twisting it off can work (with tape on your pliers), but I have seen well stuck ones twist the pivot right off.

• Like 1