checking in

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

I think that is the briefest introduction I have seen on this forum.:D It would be nice to tell us a little about yourself. What is your interest in watches/clocks. 

Haha. Okay, I'm a late 40s dude with a military background and also a financial planners work history. I've been in financial services for 15 years and wanted to make a change given the circumstances in the world. I've been a mechanic since I was a pup and the last time enlisted in the army, I worked on Apache helicopters (D models). It's been a hell of a road over my life. I really wanted to immerse myself in a craft that is as precision as aircraft maintenance without the physical requirements, since I had some major surgery caused by my last enlistment. What I really want to accomplish one day is to create a watch from scratch and to make it a custom piece; I saw a watch that was made entirely from wood (except the mainspring and hairspring) and I just fell in love. I feel I have enough creativity and ingenuity to pull it off and most importantly, I love this kind of work! I look forward to my career in watchmaking.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

I think that is the briefest introduction I have seen on this forum.:D It would be nice to tell us a little about yourself. What is your interest in watches/clocks. 

Haha. Okay, I'm a late 40s dude with a military background and also a financial planners work history. I've been in financial services for 15 years and wanted to make a change given the circumstances in the world. I've been a mechanic since I was a pup and the last time enlisted in the army, I worked on Apache helicopters (D models). It's been a hell of a road over my life. I really wanted to immerse myself in a craft that is as precision as aircraft maintenance without the physical requirements, since I had some major surgery caused by my last enlistment. What I really want to accomplish one day is to create a watch from scratch and to make it a custom piece; I saw a watch that was made entirely from wood (except the mainspring and hairspring) and I just fell in love. I feel I have enough creativity and ingenuity to pull it off and most importantly, I love this kind of work! I look forward to my career in watchmaking.