As1920

ash145

Hi to all, new to the forum today.

I've just rebuilt a high beat AS1920 movement..(Not the easiest!) and although its the original and abit scratched would anybody know where to get a new datewheel from? or does any other AS datewheel fit?.

Many thanks. Ash.

UK try Gleave & Co or Cousins not shown on the listings but give them a call as they don't list everything. US try Jules Borel who list them here: http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=AS_1920. The swiss use common part numbers to describe a part - in this case part no. 2557 is a date wheel but that will be the same number for any calibre but not the same part. Borels site is good for for cross referencing although I haven't bought from them yet.

Thanks to you all for suggestions.

I phoned Cousins Uk to see if they had one in stock  and they required me to authorise my Card for payment before they would check stock....then, if they had one I'd bought it without knowing how much it cost.....they didn't have one but never experienced that sort of request before?

Emailed Borels but no reply as yet.

I am considering a punt on a AS1716 movement as it looks the same. 

Your right Mark, the website is brilliant and order progress is top notch. The similar movement is a Mido 1147 not AS1716.

I'm just so chuffed with the AS1920 high beat movement I owe it to the watch to get the dial re done and new Date/Day wheels.

Its my first Mido with a 36000bph movement and could listen to it all day!