Replacing a setting lever

Bill3

I am working on an Eterna wristwatch and accidentally unscrewed the bolt that holds the setting lever in place.  I have been struggling for about three weeks now to reinstall the setting lever.  I would REALLY appreciate any and all help.  The problem can be divided into two parts.

1.  How to orient the setting lever into the proper position.

2.  How to hold the setting lever in that position while I turn the movement to the point that I can get to the screw with a screwdriver.  
I have tried using Rodico, but that failed miserably and left me with hours of work removing shreds of Rodico.  

I have attached two pictures, one without the setting lever and the other with the setting lever in place (perhaps not oriented properly).

The screwdriver points to the place where the setting lever goes.

As stated above all help will be deeply appreciated.

Bill3

C47D2EF2-6498-447E-8B80-BD15354932A1.jpeg

0FB8C727-9159-43F7-8251-BC3BDF565905.jpeg

Looking at your photos, you still have Rodico all over the keyless works. Use a lump of Rodico to dab all the surfaces until all traces have been removed.

Ideally, you would remove the entire assembly, clean the parts and start again. As a minimum I would suggest you  remove the setting lever spring and fit the setting lever first. Without the tension from the spring it will be a lot easier to position the lever relative to the screw. Use a small piece of Rodico on the setting lever, then put your finger tip on the Rodico to position the lever while you fit the screw from the dial side. then put the spring back.

Guess Rodico is the least of problems you have in this setup.
That spring is in the completely wrong place. if you look at the setting lever jumper you see it has small indentations in it that fitts a small nob on the setting lever, those small indentations are what decide what mode you put the keyless work in, not the setting lever it self.
77052776_Settinglever.thumb.jpg.43372717ddd4db999ff0450f9f4cbee5.jpg

Edited by HSL