ETA 2081-2 Movement.

Hi

I have a Stocker & Yale Military watch with the ETA 2081-2 movement. A part in the winding mechanism is bent preventing stem insertion and setting and winding. Does anyone know of a source for parts for this movement or if another movement has part that is interchangeable. 

Thank you,

Tony

Jpg_20200418154627.jpg.fa880498d25f41404050a4ff94022618.jpg

Hi Tony, A popular data base to start with is Dr ranfft's, google like this eta 2081 ranfft, the entire family of this caliber and bunch of relevent info gets cranked out. Another data base is julesborel.com which lists parts in detail.

When you say it's bent and prevents the stem to be inserted, is it the setting jump lever (8) in the picture you mean?
It doesn't look very bent to me. Just out of interess, could you take a picture with everything assembled in the keyless except for the minute train bridge (30).

I attache the tech sheet so you could see which parts I mean, the definitions are ETA talk.

_C_T_CT_2801-2_FDE_481538_15.pdf

On the most modern ETA 28XX -2  parts from the keyless are the same .
If you by some reason aren't allowed to buy the parts you need later on you could always send a private pm to me.

• Like 1

It is hard to see it is bent since it is laying flat. When I say it won't set or wind, it is because I can't insert the stem. When assembled, pushing on the tab to insert the stem causes the works to pop out of place. However, if I insert the stem in place, and then assemble the rest of the works, it will set and wind. Then when pushing on the tab to remove or insert the stem, the setting lever jumper as well as the setting lever pops out of place.

Also, thank you for the information about the other ETA movement.

Tony

KEYLESS 2.jpg

Edited by spiro13

When you take the stem out you shouldn't push the lever nob with a pointy device. If you do the risk to push it to far is imminent.
If you turn it around you will see it has a sloted shape where the lever pin sits, when you will take out the stem you gently push with a screwdriver which fits in the slot. Doing so will prevent you to push it too deep and pop the setting lever jumper out of position.
the setting lever jumper should lay flat on just as it does on yours so that one is not yet a gonner you can just bend the most of the levers slightly downwards when putting it back together, my picture is from a 2824-2 but you can see how it should look like. (except for the dirt ; ) )
IMG_20200403_144633.thumb.jpg.16460851e592877d869722c7c01a1224.jpg

Edited by HSL

HSL

The keyless works is operating. Not as smoothly as I would like but it is functional. It took some delicate bending in two places to achieve it. In the mean time I'll keep looking for a replacement.

Thank you so much for all the information you gave me. It was most helpful.

Tony