Valjoux 7730 vs valjoux 7733

Does anyone know whether the dial feet changed between these 2 movements? I found a Breitling dial for sale, that looks exactly like what I need except it is being advertised as a 7733 while my watch is a 7730. Thanks
7730 was basically a Venus 188
7733 was completely redesigned but same fonctions as 7730
I think the position of subdials are the same but I'm not 100% certain ...

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

One can see dials as these at Ebay marked fitting 7730 or 7733 but as you say seldom together.
Probably not to get a too many franken watches beeing built. I have non of these needing service right now so I decided to make an experiment.
Take a random picture from one who sells a dial to a 7730 dial and one who sells a 7733 and superimpose them over eatch other.
A fun excersize on a sunday. The result except from a slight skewness in the pictures shows the dial feet are at the same place.

Sunday_Fun.jpg.7fffa9fc4afa54110476985f98615700.jpg

Edited by HSL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can use any info! Thanks
The original Venus 188 and the early 7730 had a flat pillar plate.
The later 7730 and the 7733 had a beveled pillar plate.
What you could do is to remove the dial from your 7730 and check if :
- your 7730 has a beveled pillar plate
- the holes for dial feet are about 12:45 and 8:15
If YES then a 7733 dial may work.
If your 7630 is an early one and has a flat pillar plate, then probably not.

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

I appreciate that the original post is a little old now, however thought I'd share some info to assist this and others that may have similar questions.  So I have a couple of Cal 7733s and a recent purchase of a 7730. As called out in previous responses, there are two variants of the 7730, with either a flat or beveled pillar plate - mine is the beveled, the later version.  

Being the newer beveled version, I was expecting a 7733 dial to fit nicely, however it does not.  Whilst the dial feet are in the same positions and the sub dial pillars line up nicely, the bottom dial foot (midway between 7 and 8 clock) is marginally closer to the centre of the movement that on the 7733.  

So in summary a 7733 dial does not fit my 7730 movement.

I hope it helps..

• Like 1