Seiko watch case bezel

Hey

This watch case is numbered 7009-8140 I am trying to fit a replacement glass to it and it wont fit.

Looked around online and cannot find anything about fitting glass to this case. Can any one tell me, can the bezel be removed. If it can i can get it to fit . Don,t want to force it and break it if the bezel can be removed.

Or if any one knows were there is info on fitting this glass to this case.

And it is the right glass for the case XMF320-855  sternkreuz.

Sorry pics are not better.

cheers

gary

IMG_20200418_184425.jpg

IMG_20200418_184428.jpg

IMG_20200418_184434.jpg

IMG_20200418_184413.jpg

Hi Gary. I think the crystal can be pressed out from the back. But if you want to remove the bezel, remove the bracelet first. The bevel of the bezel is hidden there between the lugs. But you will need a bezel removal tool. There is no space to insert a knife there. 

Goodluck.

Hi
Well my bezel wont come off. unless i take a hacksaw to it.
thanks any way 
cheers
gary
Question, IMHO, is "is the bezel removable or not" ... to answer that a good (no blurry) close up pic showing the side of you case could help a lot ...

If your bezel IS removable you could use a single edge blade (one-side is protected so that you can kill your finger) like that one
https://images.app.goo.gl/BTNaBfoa9eCDW8DbA
- remove the bracelet and put you watch case on a flat surface ... upside up
- hold your single edge blade horizontally and put the sharp side on the "groove" between bezel and case
- gently hit the protected size of the blade, repeatedly until the blade goes between case and bezel
- remove the blade and proceed the same all around the bezel so that it moves up about 1/4 mm
- proceed again all around the bezel until you can insert a thicker blade (pocket blade for instance) between case and bezel
- gently use the pocket blade as a lever, proceeding all around the case, to slowly move the bezel up and up until it comes off

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi Gary   had a look as promised, they look removable but as far as I can see on mine there is no slot or cut out on either of the watches what will be needed is a bezel removal too as per the picture. It places equal force in four places lifting the bezel, this tool will double up as a case back removal tool.  hope this is informative.

bezel removal tool.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Gary   had a look as promised, they look removable but as far as I can see on mine there is no slot or cut out on either of the watches what will be needed is a bezel removal too as per the picture. It places equal force in four places lifting the bezel, this tool will double up as a case back removal tool.  hope this is informative.
913627772_bezelremovaltool.thumb.jpg.28c9dfa92c2fff820d989d6cea381271.jpg
If I may ... I wouldn't use such a tool for a steel bezel without retaining ring ...
Would you kindly post a side pic of one of your watches to check if a single edge razor blade could be used ?

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

5 hours ago, VWatchie said:

Could you make any recommendations on what bezel removal tool to get? Thanks!

I got a China made copy of the Horotec. Works on bezels and casebacks. Cousins has it in their bezel removal tools section.

c31480_pic1_cmyk.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi

This is the best i can do with phone camera.

Hope this is what you wanted to see.

I have seen on youtube they just push there,s on.

I cannot see a groove to enter a razor blade.

I just seem to get watches that are weird or strange.

Thanks for looking and helping.

cheers

gary

IMG_20200419_172814.jpg

IMG_20200419_172830.jpg

IMG_20200419_172835.jpg

IMG_20200419_172839.jpg

IMG_20200419_172848.jpg

Hi Gary  I had another look at mine and tried to remove the bezel with the clamp and it refused to move didnt press too hard not wanting to break the watch case or bezel.  I have attached some pics of the rim and a couple from the scope Manodeoro asked for . If you get it off getting it back will be a fun time.        Cheers

DSCF3372.JPG

DSCF3371.JPG

DSCF3370.JPG

DSCF3368.JPG

DSCF3369.JPG

DSCF3367.JPG

While I don't have the same model, on both my 6619-8190 and 6719-7050 I removed the crystal with a crystal press and after I threw the case into the ultrasonic to clean it, the bezels came off with me using a razor to start it an then my case knife to get it all the way off.

Seiko 6619-8190.jpg