Vintage seiko new to the collection

easj369

I'm sure a lot of us are having some spare time right now. So that's given me a fair amount of time to browse eBay for hidden gems. I pick this lot up last week off of eBay. It contained 5 Seiko automatics, had a very generic title,  and in the photo I noticed this particular watch and knew I had to have it. With how  inexpensive the lot went for I don't think anybody else really noticed it. So here is my 6106-8100 seiko.  I gave the crystal a quick polish and the aftermarket band it had on it was amazingly small so put on an ugly green nato for now  Movement looks like it's never been touched though someone sure tried to get in it gauging from the case back.  For the time being I'm going to just keep it on my wrist to see how it runs then I'll give it a service.  I also bought a 6309 Seiko a couple weeks ago before the flea markets closed non-running (it works now!) with a blue dial as well but forgot to take photos of it.

Regards,  David

20200413_122249.jpg

20200413_130430.jpg

20200413_130417.jpg

15868001088598074511484970571129.jpg

15868001549756096672545302118845.jpg

I literally just got this one! A 1971, 6105-8110 , not to be mistakend with the 8119 version. The 8110 was marked for the asian market while the 8119 was the version sold in the USA which adds some truth to the Vietnam claim. Everything is original other than the band. But as you can tell, it's a period band which adds a certain charm in itself. As it goes, I am supposedly the second owner of the watch. The original owner, a Vietnam vet just pawned it to a small pawnshop where I was lucky enough to pull the trigger on it first. It is extremely dirty and in all probability never had been opened as there are no tool marks. I just put it on the timegrapher and it is running at +4 a day. Amazing. The movement is super clean, much cleaner than the DNA and grime ridden case. Super neat find. Going to decase it and put it in the ultrasound. I'm very excited. 

Great find also! Got to love them! Congrats!

Resized_20200410_164402.jpeg

20200413_125542.jpg

• Like 2

I literally just got this one! A 1971, 6105-8110 , not to be mistakend with the 8119 version. The 8110 was marked for the asian market while the 8119 was the version sold in the USA which adds some truth to the Vietnam claim. Everything is original other than the band. But as you can tell, it's a period band which adds a certain charm in itself. As it goes, I am supposedly the second owner of the watch. The original owner, a Vietnam vet just pawned it to a small pawnshop where I was lucky enough to pull the trigger on it first. It is extremely dirty and in all probability never had been opened as there are no tool marks. I just put it on the timegrapher and it is running at +4 a day. Amazing. The movement is super clean, much cleaner than the DNA and grime ridden case. Super neat find. Going to decase it and put it in the ultrasound. I'm very excited. 
Resized_20200410_164402.thumb.jpeg.e7d7bf95e8e4bd4e016cc69d42907c86.jpeg
20200413_125542.thumb.jpg.458dded32882de761e4586bc2781ad7b.jpg

Wow, what an amazing score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2020 at 3:52 PM, Hopgoblin said:

Resized_20200410_164402.jpeg

20200413_125542.jpg

Very jealous. I hit up the local Pawn shops just for you this pipe dream lol

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.