Thanks For Having Me...

specks

Hi Everyone.  Firstly, an apology.  I'm aware that I haven't formally introduced myself before - so here goes.

I'm Steve, I live in Norfolk in the UK.  I'm very recently retired and now [in theory] have the time to pursue my watch repair passion [as well as other interests: classic cars, attempting to repair anything that breaks and not forgetting the other tasks bestowed on me by those nearest and dearest to me... <_<].

I quite often reflect on why I'm drawn to watch repair - for me it's a concoction of these main factors:

• The aesthetics of the watch and how it makes me 'feel' [the quirkier and non-mainstream the better].
  • The challenge of bringing a machine which potentially hasn't functioned for many years back to life and the huge sense of satisfaction that a successful outcome brings.
  • The excitement that solving a specific technical problem or helping others solve these kinds of problems brings and the process of learning new techniques.
  • The history of a watch, from the perspective of [typically] imagining where it's been, who's owned it, what it would say if it could talk - that sort of thing.

I'd be interested to know if everyone else's motivations are similar or if there are any of you driven by completely different factors.

Anyway, enough of my rambling.  I hope that you're all keeping well.

Best Regards.

Steve.

• Thanks 1