Timex Marlin - winding catch

I am trying to restore a 1976 timex marlin. I got it all working but after winding down main spring by releasing the catch I can not reset the catch it keeps turning with cog when i wind

I am a newbie any help would be much apreciated.

Hello rrandell and welcome to the forum. Would you mind doing two things?

Please go to the lounge area and write a short introduction to yourself and your interest in clocks and watches.

Then post a picture of the catch you mentioned, to show why it isn't "catching". It is called a click, by the way, and by the sound of it, the click spring has broken. It should be no problem to replace, but a photo will help us a lot.

Also, you have come to the right place for advice on Timex. Jersey Mo for example is an authority.

Hi RRandell and welcome to the forum, As Klassiker said an Introduction is always nice as we get some background on the person posting the question, also as mentioned with any question if possible add pictures make and caliber of the movement in question I makes our task easier when finding data.  Enough blurb,  I have attached the 1961 Timex service manual for you to be able to refer to the parts / parts in error.  once again welcome.

1961_Service_Manual.pdf