Hello from Belgium !

HardTop

Hey there ! I'm HardTop and I am from Belgium.

I have some interest in vintage watches and I recently started learning a bit more about how mechanical watches work.

I have a a dozen watches or so, mostly "low value" ones but nice nonetheless. Some I keep for sentimental reasons (Citizen quartz from the 80's, Festina chrono from the 90's, Calypso watch from my late gramps, ...) some other as a small vintage collection (Lanco's from the 60's, a Seamaster also from the 60's, some other obscure mechanical watches from around that same period) and two pocket watches.

I started teaching myself how to perform some basic maintenance tasks on those watches, starting with "cheap" ones I found on eBay. I managed to pull a movement apart, replace some broken parts, reassemble the whole thing and have the watch still running OK. I guess that's better than nothing ;-) 

I want to continue learning some tricks because this is really interesting and fun, rewarding, and overall a very cool skill to learn.

Anyway, thanks for your attention, I hope I'll be able to bring some of my own knowledge to this forum someday !