Help with Zodiac caliber 86 day/date adjustment not in sync

Hello all, I just got this Zodiac 86, it was running but slow and movement was very dirty. So I was taking movement apart and clean it. During cleaning process I found out mainspring broken. When I assembled the movement back and realized that when I set time the date moved accordingly but the days never move at all. Removed a dial and test without dial and found out the 3 screws that hold a plate of days disk align with the clicker too tight days disk couldn’t move. When I untight those screws when move stem to make days disk move the clicker passing thru days disk tooth and pull it with it. So when clicker had to push back the days go back to the same day instead of move up 1 day.

First question is how can I resolve this problem?

Secondly where in USA that I can buy new mainspring to replace this movement.

Thank you in advance for all of your advise and suggestions.Adjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpg

Can you post a close up of the day/date jump mech?Refer to Dr ranfft's site for mainspring ID.enter keywordsZodiac 86 ranfft.in your search engine.Good luck.

Here are pictures close up of days/date jump mech. Let me know if pictures are clear enough for you.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAdjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpgAdjustments.jpg
  • Thanks 1

Mainspring can't be changed. You need a new barrel with mainspring . Zodiac use a sealed for life barrel . Problem is they are rare and superhard to find. And 86 use a thinner mainspring because they are 36000 Hz movement so can't use a 72 or any other barrel.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I am so unlucky then. So it’s very hard to find seal barrel mainspring to replace it?

And I will remove the jump click and check on that area. Everything from that clicker and days’ teeth looking flat no wobble at all.

I will look into these area when I get home today.

Thank you all for suggestions about mainspring too. Stay safe y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk