Slava 2106 movement HELP

Domovoy

Question

Hello Sirs and Madams,

I am delighted to start this journey, this is my first time opening a mechanical watch and actually unscrewing a screw =D

This is a Soviet Slava wrist watch that my uncle gifted in the distant past... initially 20 years ago I though I over wound the spring and broke it because the crown almost turned in neutral and would not hold sprint tension...

ISSUE: The crown spins almost freely and the watch will not hold the wind, the crown unwinds back.

Here is what I have done - took the back plate off, observed the mechanism and a youtube video to find a part called the "click" please correct me if I am wrong.  Under this "click" I found a spring in 2 pieces which I assume should be in one piece so that it can twist the click against the large cog to stop it from unwinding. 

PLEASE advise me if I diagnosed the issue correctly and where I can find the proper parts to put back this watch back in operation.IMG_6099.thumb.jpg.5307091549677e6360bc74abc24364c7.jpgIMG_6096.thumb.jpg.d442ed98ec0fb66c48be71b91816b121.jpgIMG_6101.thumb.jpg.fc3bff5d3347da1d7595dba470044f07.jpg

6 answers to this question

That would certainly cause the symptoms you describe. The click spring should be one piece, yours has broken.

It also looks as though the head of the click screw has sheared off too. You will need to remove the shaft of the screw from the plate and replace it for the click to hold in place.

• Like 1

Hi  Marc has said the click spring is broken and also the screw, if so the screw stub will have to be removed before fitting the new parts, I have attached a Tech Sheet on the slava  although it does not match you movement it will give you an idea of the parts placement and the parts required. hope you find it usefull.     cheers

4517_Slava 2409.pdf

• Like 1

As Stated click malfunction causes power discharge. Used parts to Russian calibers are usually dime a bushel. You may find part of the same family generation interchange with this. I guess C19 is to been see off first. keep safe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  Marc has said the click spring is broken and also the screw, if so the screw stub will have to be removed before fitting the new parts, I have attached a Tech Sheet on the slava  although it does not match you movement it will give you an idea of the parts placement and the parts required. hope you find it usefull.     cheers

4517_Slava 2409.pdf 866.26 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much this is great!

• Similar Content

• By Domovoy
      Hi friends,
      I have a 1970's Slava Soviet made watch my uncle gifted me when I was 9... I have kept it in mint condition all these years and for some reason I decided to have it serviced.
      I took it to a watch repair shop (had 5 stars) spoke with the employee and specifically asked to have the watch back in the same or better condition, when I got it back 6 weeks later I noticed they had scratched and damaged the bezel and changed the spring (even through I asked to call me incase any part needs to be replaced) 
      Now I need to replace the bezel so thats its not chewed up, the factory does not make parts for it and I am distraught as it was in perfect shape and it took someone else to ruin the watch. I only blame myself but it hurts ?

Please help me find the bezel and get it back to its former self as much as possible.  

• By Dubey
      Automatic not winding.
      Manual also goes rough.
      Rotor moves freely but it has difficulty pushing the spring.

If wound runs normal 42 hours.

Came back from Brazil (five years) , took all watches in airplane and many automatics now have difficulty? Can they have gotten covid?

Never had watch issues so exploring .

Others with issues.
      Dubey aerodyn X2 this is the GMT alarm. Dubey Worldtimer works fine. 
      Citizens x2 bullheads, x2 8180 and the diver as well issues (not sure number is correct) issues, the Seiko 6139s x4 steady as they go....no issues 
      Omega coaxial all good.
      ????
      Very upsetting.  Let's focus on this one first. As here the winding is rough, the others this seems fine and don't have the glass back to validate . 

• By Johndub
      Hi all, total newbie here, from Ireland. Got my first mechanical watches during lockdown - a 70s Vostok Komandirskie, '50s Oris cal 451, and then a box of old movements, parts, etc.
      Found this Smiths Astral National 17 in the box, stripped and cleaned it. Lost the cannon pinion in the process, and the clickspring was already broken, but apart from that all seems in good working order. Parts ordered, fingers crossed it's going to come out well. Movement is 61464E, looks very nicely made, and love the style of the whole watch. 
      Here's hoping I don't mess anything up in the reassembly. (When I do, as seems likely, I look forward to stopping back here for help)
      john

• By agregate
      I'm trying to release the tension in the mainspring on an Elgin grade 144 pocket watch and unlike my grade 291, this one has a hidden click and the main barrel is tucked underneath a plate.
      I've looked online and found a single forum post stating I need to push a pin or very small object into a hole underneath the main barrel (which there is one) while simultaneously holding the stem in place to stop it from unwinding all at once.
      The problem is, I've got a single screwdriver that fits in this pinhole and after poking around in a few directions, it doesn't seem to be releasing the click. I don't know if this is the right hole (it is the only one) that I'm putting it in, if it's supposed to be on a specific angle at insertion, a certain depth, etc. I've attached photos of the side of the movement and a diagram of what I am doing.
      For what its worth, its a lever set.

• By Domovoy
      Hi everyone, was super delighted to see how responsive this community is... I am resolving the 1st issue with my Slava watch and now I am confident I can get some help with my Molnya 3602
      -I took it apart and noticed the balance spring is a little uneven and does not go back and forth... I took the bridge off (one screw) took out the balance wheel and spring attached but did not see anything wrong, out it back and the same issue pessimists.
      I need help understanding if the balance wheel is properly installed and / or needs replacement to get the mechanism to function.
      checked all other parts and main spring is good. Would help if I can also find the front crystal/glass and an authentic face.