MK watch. Hands won’t move

I was simply trying to start a new thread so my questions didn’t get lost in the other persons post. 
i don’t know what a Module is or why it needs replaced. I also don’t get what happened to the watch and why I can’t fix the issue. So I’m just looking for more explanation is all. 

Hard to say..but the watch probably  has suffered an electronic  or mechanical failure of some type. What watchweasol has alluded to is,is the whole mechanical  workings  of the watch exclusive  of the dial,hands and case. Sometimes  referred  to as a caliber or a movement.  In this case a vd53a movement  manufactured  by a seiko company  ,can be purchased for not alot of money.   You would  save yourself  alot of grief by getting  one and swapping  it out.

I might be wrong. But looking at your 1st 2 photos, the orientation of the winding pinion might be wrong. The teeth should be facing the setting wheel so that they would mesh when the stem was pulled into setting position. You should check the teeth on the setting wheel also. Sometimes the teeth on 1 side is bevelled and does not mesh properly with the winding pinion. If that is so, try turning the setting wheel over.

Maybe someone with more experience could confirm my findings. 

Also, what exactly is the “module”? I looked at the diagram that was given and didn’t see it labeled. Just wondering what I should order exactly. 
I’m just confused as to why it worked, then stopped working after the metal cover was removed and the post itself came out. 
thanks 

Yankeedog is suggesting that you replace the entire movement inside your watch, as you mentioned than the hands don't spin when the battery is in. This suggests that there might be a problem with the electronics or mechanism. 

A new movement is quite affordable (around £13). Rather than attempting to fit all the pinions back into the train bridge. I would say assembling the gear train of a quartz watch can be more frustrating than a mechanical watch. Then chance of damaging the pinion of the plastic motor rotor and 2nd wheel is very high.

So, heed yankeedog's advice and replace the entire movement. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

Yankeedog is suggesting that you replace the entire movement inside your watch, as you mentioned than the hands don't spin when the battery is in. This suggests that there might be a problem with the electronics or mechanism. 

A new movement is quite affordable (around £13). Rather than attempting to fit all the pinions back into the train bridge. I would say assembling the gear train of a quartz watch can be more frustrating than a mechanical watch. Then chance of damaging the pinion of the plastic motor rotor and 2nd wheel is very high.

So, heed yankeedog's advice and replace the entire movement. 

Absolutely mate, buy another movement complete and swap the dial and hands over, trust me it’s so much easier than getting the train back in it’s relevant place, that motor acts on a magnet and will not sit upright in-line with the top plate pivot hole and can be an absolute sod to get in.

Edited by transporter
Spelling

26 minutes ago, transporter said:

that motor acts on a magnet and will not sit upright in-line with the top plate pivot hole and can be an absolute sod to get in.

I've serviced one quartz movement, an ETA calibre 955.112 (my two months old walkthrough doesn't have a single like so if you hurry you can be the first ;)). Anyway, Lawson's assembly procedure for the same calibre has a very nifty trick for safely handling the rotor.

I sometimes got the advice to buy a new movement when working on inexpensive watches, but as I'm not in it for money or efficiency but for the pleasure of trying to repair and make work well again, I could never take that kind of advice to heart. After all, WRT is all about repair.

So, looking at the diagram I was given, what parts would I need to order? 
I just don’t get how the shaft that spins the hands came out but won’t stay in now? And when pulled out slightly it will spin the dates but not the hands themselves.