JUst finished this one for my wife . . .

rduckwor

image.thumb.png.0a893fc9f29c4c40dd2479c03fd82a04.png

1940 14K rose gold Elgin driver.  Polished up well.  I upgraded the movement to a 675 from the 559 that came in it.  The stretchy bracelet is a very early Speidel that was in amazing condition and polished well also.  Her response:  "that's pretty."  Ho-Hum.

RMD

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rduckwor said:

image.thumb.png.0a893fc9f29c4c40dd2479c03fd82a04.png

1940 14K rose gold Elgin driver.  Polished up well.  I upgraded the movement to a 675 from the 559 that came in it.  The stretchy bracelet is a very early Speidel that was in amazing condition and polished well also.  Her response:  "that's pretty."  Ho-Hum.

RMD

Few will ever appreciate or comprehend the work we put into our watches. Thankfully there are groups like this where we all "get it"! :thumbsu:

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats! Sometimes when I've solved a difficult problem or have accomplished something that I'm proud of and tell my wife about it, she just rolls her eyes and keeps doing what she's doing. A "that's pretty" is probably the best praise we can ever expect to get from our genuine halfs.