How about this fine clock

oldhippy

I follow this seller on ebay, I buy quite a bit at auction and I can usually find the auction house where he bought most of his clocks and on quite a few occasions I have been the under bidder on some of the clocks he is selling, he usually lists and sell the clocks he buys within a couple of weeks of buying them I have looked but could not find this particular clock.

Reading through the guff on the listings he has "I have just received some excellent quality bracket clocks from a private collection" I would say the vast majority of his clocks go straight from auction house to ebay.

A very similar clock sold recently at Phillip Serril auction house and that fetched £4,000 

One thing I have noticed he occasionally gets stung on prices I remember a rather nice Gothic triple fusee 8 bell clock with bracket he paid £1,100 at Tennants auction house before commission, it went on to sell a week later for £800.00 on ebay.

If you are going to bid do so at the last moment you may get a bargain.

sdfs 

46 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

If you are going to bid do so at the last moment you may get a bargain.

Good advice, and I always use this strategy whenever there's something I really truly want. I think through what my maximum bid would be without any thoughts about what others might be willing to pay or what the current bid is. I then place my maximum bid when there's three seconds remaining (no time to manually place a higher bid). That way I'll feel like a winner whatever the outcome is. If I win the auction it's usually well below my maximum bid, and if I lose I'm happier to keep my money. This strategy is called bid sniping.

Good luck @oldhippy!:thumbsu:

Edited by VWatchie

Bad luck oldhippy, buying out of the UK and USA is out for a while from me as the Australian dollar has really crashed against the pound and the US$ in the last week or two making everything too expensive with postage and the fact I have to pay 10% GST on top of the final price and postage too on ebay now.