Seiko 7002 balance issue?

Hi all, I have recently serviced my seiko 7002. Stripped and hand cleaned. Looking shiny and brand new. Everything was tying up wel when I put it all back together, however, when I put the balance on, it didn’t want to turn. Thought this could have been down to a damaged bushing so I then stripped again and changed the main plate. Still didn’t want to turn after that. I even changed the balance to from another seiko which was working perfectly and again it didn’t turn on the serviced watch. I am lost. The pallet forks click as they should with power. Cleaned the jewels. 

any ideas? 

Hard to suggest without seeing what the problem is. Is the wheel stuck as in no endshake? Does it move a bit only to be stopped?

Quick checkups of the train without the fork to make sure it spins freely. Then confirm fork movement. If all correct and down to the balance, I’ve found it very useful to separate the hairspring from the cock and install in the bare plate (no fork or train). Then you will be able to see what the problem is.

A couple times I found that the endshake was killed after washing and pegging. Had to adjust one of the jewels and all was well.

Good luck!

Julian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi  Sounds like loss of endshake, Have a look at the balance cock seating for any pinc marks or try a little shim of foil under the cock to see if it improves matters, There may have been one there removed by the cleaning process.  One way of checking is remove the fork/pallet and refit balance and checking the freedom of rotation .