Vintage Gruen 730ss pulled stem now won’t wind hand move when wind

TWAZZ

I have a vintage Gruen 730ss case is trashed, I have a nice other one so I pulled the stem out it in a new case stem went back in no problem but now it won’t wind and the hands turn making a clicking sound. The watch ran perfectly before case change out also I have had several of the 510ss stems out but they are manual wind hope I didn’t jack things up by doing it wrong. Thanks Tim

13 hours ago, TWAZZ said:

I put it back in the old case also the movement on a holder same thing unless there is something that you have to do to a automatic

If it does it in the old case, too, then the chances are the keyless work is causing the issue. Most likely the spring on the clutch has jumped off. You will probably need to remove the dial and hands to see what is going on.

Do you have any pictures?

• Like 2

I will send pics when I get home. The funny thing is I put it back in the old case it came from and does the same thing. It goes in I slightly tighten it down gently pull out and turn and tighten back up. I know the stem isn’t to long or to short going back in the same case it came from. It’s got me stumped. The duke and hands are perfect but the case was trashed that’s what got me here I. The first place just moving the movement a nicer case that is the same as the old one. 
I have had no problems pulling stems on manual movements but this auto has got me stumped. Thanks to all that have taken the time to read this thank you very much. Tim