Redial dial printing recommendations

Hello everyone,

Looking to have one of my watches restored as the current dial is in bad shape.(missing all indices and manufacturer name) is there a trusted source to restore a vintage dial with as much accuracy as possible?

Kind thanks,

Joey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Joey , there are quite a few dial restorers on the internet around the world depending where you live ,it takes around 5 weeks and costs around 100 to 250 usd  .Most of them have been around for a while and do vintage watches .I have used http://watchdialrestoresydney.weebly.com/ on a 1949  bulova treasurer some time ago .I had the dial restored because the rest of the watch was like brand new and the crappy dial did not suit it .It could hardly be read .Same as yours .They did a great job .On saying that I have only the one dial done as it is quite expensive so unless the watch is of sentimental value I would be very thoughtful in considering ,collectors like as is watches as they hold more value being original .Hope this helps

Awesome reply. Thanks a bunch. In a similar situation as yours. I also have another where the dial is so far gone that I’d like to see it as it was from original. I live very close to NYC and surrounding areas so if anyone has suggestions please chime in.

Thanks graziano

• Thanks 1

Hi Joey , there are quite a few dial restorers on the internet around the world depending where you live ,it takes around 5 weeks and costs around 100 to 250 usd  .Most of them have been around for a while and do vintage watches .I have used http://watchdialrestoresydney.weebly.com/ on a 1949  bulova treasurer some time ago .I had the dial restored because the rest of the watch was like brand new and the crappy dial did not suit it .It could hardly be read .Same as yours .They did a great job .On saying that I have only the one dial done as it is quite expensive so unless the watch is of sentimental value I would be very thoughtful in considering ,collectors like as is watches as they hold more value being original .Hope this helps

Hey im still looking on the web with no luck. I found one really interesting service but its in isreal and I’m in the usa. I font mind shipping it IF its recommended by everyone here. Looking for a top notch restoration on the dial. Please DM or list services here thank you

I've used Internationaldialco in Ohio, USA. You will hear a lot of people speak highly of them, but they have gone through a change of ownership in the last year or so, and I've heard mixed reviews since.
I got this Zenith dial refinished just after Christmas, I think they did an OK but not amazing job, the lacquer had was a bit blotchy, kind of like it reacted with the surface, and some of the printing is a bit blotchy under a loupe. Judge for yourself with the before and after pics

before.jpg

after.jpg

Thanks jberry and for the ref pics. I agree its a good job but not great in some spots. I will most likely keep this watch and im very very particular and will go crazy if its not done right lol i guess its more ocd but i know ill go nuts. I already dont want to redial it but chose to go ahead a bring new life into this watch

23 minutes ago, joeyfrost said:

Thanks jberry and for the ref pics. I agree its a good job but not great in some spots. I will most likely keep this watch and im very very particular and will go crazy if its not done right lol i guess its more ocd but i know ill go nuts. I already dont want to redial it but chose to go ahead a bring new life into this watch

Have you checked around the internet for nos dial .If you can post a pic:pic: and give us a look,Even a decent second hand one will be sufficient ,you never know your luck

Edited by Graziano