How do I replace the seal

JJM

9 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

That is almost impossible. Can be done by removing the thin washer. But it's hard to put it back again. Can maybe be done like this. https://adventuresinamateurwatchfettling.com/2015/10/12/crown-revival-seiko-6105-and-62mas-crown-gasket-replacement/

This is how I do them, except I don't try to save the cap, I just get it out and make a new one. But that fellow's technique is really good!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nickelsilver said:

This is how I do them, except I don't try to save the cap, I just get it out and make a new one. But that fellow's technique is really good!

Ahhhhh....... Umm the rubber does have some give left in it.... I think I may just grease it & leave it there... Shame, I was getting all keen... 

Thanks Chaps ! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JJM said:

Not too sure how to approach replacing this.... 

I've always managed to remove these without breaking anything. I use a dental pick, it doesn't have the ideal shape I have found anything better so far.

50 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Just replace the complete button. They are called water proof buttons. 

That's OK with cheapies where originality is not important. But in most cases actually in which the presence of a logo, or the material, size and shape make so that a generic replacement is out of question.