Toilet paper

9 minutes ago, MrRoundel said:

It's so scarce around here that I'm almost down to using watch paper. :growl:

I'll be OK as long as my new cheese diet kicks in. But of course that may bring on other issues. :startle:

Eat boiled eggs and become egg bound, I've stuck a sponge on a stick does the job

• Haha 1

My partner works in a supermarket, and the last couple of days even with a supposed lock down its been very busy, I have done no extra shopping through all this and the only thing I've had trouble getting are bread and eggs, it seems to be a form of mass hysteria all this shopping absolutely zero need for it.

Edited by wls1971

No problem getting eggs here, I'm surrounded by farms, getting fresh veg too. I only live about 200 yards from our little village shop which is quite well stocked. One of the parish councilors has set up a system, you can phone him and he will do shopping for you and he leaves it at your door, he phones you first, you leave the money out side. My brother-in-law lives about 6 miles from me, he has offered to shop for me and bring it over. Still got plenty of booze in so I'm all right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Toilet paper has been hard to get in Australia for about 3 weeks.

I've got enough for about another 5 days, but being I help to look after 9 Datacentres if I get desperate I've been given permission to raid our data centre emergency stock. :D

This week they set limits on how much alcohol you could buy, so of course as soon as they did that people are now trying to hoard alcohol here, but its ok I have beaten the hoarders at their own game.

I just went to my 'brew fridge and grabbed a 5 liter demijohn of mead that I prepared just for this occasion some 18 or 20 months ago and bottled it. I've got another demijohn to do too, but I've run out of corks.

I also brew beer occasionally from scratch using all grain and just picked up the supplies for when I'm on  holidays in  1 1/2 weeks time to make 20 litres of Irish Red Ale. I ferment it slow at low temperatures so from start to drinking is about 3 months which will put us in the middle of winter which will be the perfect time for some red ale.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tmuir said:

This week they set limits on how much alcohol you could buy, so of course as soon as they did that people are now trying to hoard alcohol here, but its ok I have beaten the hoarders at their own game.

I don't think we have any limits on alcohol mainly because we have none. That's because they want to use it to make hand sanitizer.

I noticed that some stores like Costco that has a pretty lenient return policy will no longer take back the stuff people are hoarding. Of course that probably does not stop them from buying it as fast as they can. But now they do have limits which might slow things down perhaps.

I find we have several interesting problems. As everybody is sent home that means now homes have to be stocked with all those necessary supplies versus using wherever you go in the day. Then if you see on the news that there's a shortage of something it's your duty when you go to the store to clean out the shelves of whatever is in short supply so you don't miss out.  Plus while you're there Purchase anything else you think you might need you may never get back to the store ever again.

• Like 1

Two or three distillers in Western Australia are now making alcohol for hand sanitizer, but Gull Petrol beats them all in New Zealand as they have just donated 340,000 litres of ethanol for making hand sanitizer.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/03/gull-donates-340-000-litres-of-ethanol-to-hand-sanitiser-company.html

New Zealand may be a small country but they usually manage time and time again to show they are better than Australia in times of crisis.

I do think a lot of countries in the world would be better of if they could borrow NZ's Prime Minister for just a few weeks. My country included.

20 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Cleaning my hand with Glenfiddich is a bit too far.   £30 a bottle ?

Sacrilege, besides it isn't high enough proof to be completely effective. I suggest you stick to drinking the stuff, the warm internal glow will kill any viruses, or at least get them so pissed they will forget what they were meant to be doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1