Should I buy this? Appraise price please.

Nucejoe

I appears to be one of those rare 'anti gravity' clocks that the weights and pendulums go sideways. I would snap it up. :D

Sorry you will need to wait until OH gets here to give you a worthwhile opinion, but you seem to of uploaded 5 of the same photos, I'm assuming you meant to upload different pictures.

• Thanks 1

Hmm, despite the German's reputation for high quality mechanical objects, their 20th century clocks don't follow that trend. If it's cheap why not? That would go for maybe 40 bucks in a second hand shop around here (well, it would be listed for that, that shop I frequent often has German clocks that have been there a looong time).

• Thanks 1

Hi Joe    It looks very much like the one I am working on at the moment . A German Blackforest  Wag on the Wall clock  If it is it should have a wooden frame. I bought one in last week for £20 minus weights and pendulum so as Nicklesilver said 40 to 60. They are interesting to work on.  I am repairing one for a customer, the other is mine, once done and on the wall different.  As said if its cheap enough its worth a go. In working condition no more than £60.        cheers

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Tmuir said:

I appears to be one of those rare 'anti gravity' clocks that the weights and pendulums go sideways. I would snap it up. :D

Sorry you will need to wait until OH gets here to give you a worthwhile opinion, but you seem to of uploaded 5 of the same photos, I'm assuming you meant to upload different pictures.

Thanks for your response T,  Yes weight winder. 

Made a mess uploading, one pic only, have asked the seller for pic of the movement.

Regards

Joe

35 minutes ago, nickelsilver said:

Hmm, despite the German's reputation for high quality mechanical objects, their 20th century clocks don't follow that trend. If it's cheap why not? That would go for maybe 40 bucks in a second hand shop around here (well, it would be listed for that, that shop I frequent often has German clocks that have been there a looong time).

Thanks for your response, I will pass it then.

Regards 

Joe

14 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Joe    It looks very much like the one I am working on at the moment . A German Blackforest  Wag on the Wall clock  If it is it should have a wooden frame. I bought one in last week for £20 minus weights and pendulum so as Nicklesilver said 40 to 60. They are interesting to work on.  I am repairing one for a customer, the other is mine, once done and on the wall different.  As said if its cheap enough its worth a go. In working condition no more than £60.        cheers

Thanks for your response WW.  Owner asking more than appraised  by you all. Will pass.

Regards joe

6 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

That is not an original weight. The pendulum looks a bit odd as well. I need to see the movement and close ups of the pendulum and weight.  

It certainly isn't a wag on the Wall Clock. 

Thank for your response OH, if a good piece is priced anything like above, I,ll just pass on this one. Regards Joe.