Hi, From Snow Covered California

jonomanh

Hi I’m Jon. I live in a small town in Northern California that is just over the border from Reno Nevada. I’m married to my sweet heart and we’ve got 6 young kids.

I’ve been heavily into watches for few years now. I initially got into watches in anticipation of a drafting project I knew was coming up. I thought, a few years ago, that I could do a watch movement as my design project. That was before I found out how complicated they were. Well, I was hooked anyway. I’ve bought lots of basket cases over the years and lots of junk. Along the way I also managed to pick up a couple of nice things.

I heard about this forum from watching the YouTube videos and decided to sign up once I finally got Tapatalk.

Lastly, I’m also into 3D printing and CAD design. I’ve actually designed several of my own watch tools, which I will gladly share links to if anyone is interested.

Anyway that’s me for now.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome Jon.    here is a much needed tool design:     an economic winder for "automatic winding vintage watches".  vin

I’d love to design a 3D printed watch winder. But I’m not great with electronics. Seems to me you’d want one that is a little programmable, so as not to stress the components in the watch out more then necessary.

I’d do some design work if someone was interested in working on the electrical side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/16/2020 at 6:24 AM, jonomanh said:

I heard about this forum from watching the YouTube videos and decided to sign up once I finally got Tapatalk.

Welcome here. I recommend that you try accessing with the regular browser, because the forum software does an excellent job of rendering content and easing interaction on any device. Last time I used Tapatalk it was so buggy, limited and awkward that I was happy to drop it.