Transglobe, Anyone Know Anything Them?

Arrived this morning (must update ebay)

Looks even better in the metal.

Chromed base metal case. Spotless acrylic crystal and nice dial. Unusual, vintage leather rally strap.

20150124_105704.jpg

20150124_105617.jpg

How do I remove this odd caseback? Listing said not working but I wound it up and after an hour its still going. Want to take a look at the condition of the movement.

20150124_105728.jpg

That looks suspiciously like a Buler case back which masquerades as a Panerai case back. If it is a Panerai there is a special opener though you could get lucky with a sticky ball. If it is like the Buler it pops off with the case opening knife. Have a close look around where the case back meets the case.

Cheers,

Vic

That looks suspiciously like a Buler case back which masquerades as a Panerai case back. If it is a Panerai there is a special opener though you could get lucky with a sticky ball. If it is like the Buler it pops off with the case opening knife. Have a close look around where the case back meets the case.

Cheers,

Vic

Hi. Looks like it pops off. Took a dry stiff toothbrush to it and dislodged a bunch of DNA revealing a slot.

Will pop it off after lunch and take a look.

Still running and keeping time well.

Hmm. Probably cost a small fortune.

How about I cover it in clingfilm (saranwrap) and use some of that metal putty that you have to knead to activate.

I could then press it onto the clingfilm and make it take the shape of the case.

Before this I will wait and see what the seller confirms.

Thanks bobm12 & Vich

Edited by ro63rto