Luminous paint - the world's glowiest glow

Does anybody have experience with this luminous paint, which is claimed til be  the world's glowiest glow

I am about to paint my dial on my diving watch and want to use a strong glowing luminous paint?

:)

Thanks

Søren
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SorenHartmann said:
I am about to paint my dial on my diving watch and want to use a strong glowing luminous paint?

Just curious, have you ever produced a dial before? How are you going to paint it, airbrush or perhaps traditional brush with a artist touch? What about the indexes, will you detach and then reapply these small fiddly thingies? Not to mention, having some sort of logo is often desirable, how do you plan to do that?

No matter how you will solve these  small issues or the choice of the paint with the greatest albedo, I look forward to to see the results of you work, good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your replies

No, I have not produce a dial before, so I will have a back up dial, just in case it goes wrong.

The logo I will download and add to the label together with the digits and the transfer to the dial. As per video: How to print a custom watch dial - watch building tutorial

The intended plan is as follows

• Sand the dial to make it smooth
  • Mix LIT (luminous powder) with the acrylic base to make a paint
  • Apply the luminous paint all over the dial in thin layers several times
  • Apply the digits etc, by using the technic describe in the video below

Let me hear your thourghts

Thanks

:)

Soren

1 hour ago, SorenHartmann said:

No, I have not produce a dial before, so I will have a back up dial, just in case it goes wrong.

Let me hear your thourghts

I heartily recommend that you repeatedly practice all the steps involved on something of no  value, until you're confident with the skills and results achieved.

• Like 2