Newcomer Watch enthusiast with big plans

JBT

Hello everyone, I currently work as an air traffic controller in Miami but my passion is the art of watchmaking. I am on a quest to create my own line of high end watches. I am designing a trademark case and a unique design identity using Solidworks CAD. I love to design beautiful things that you can stare at and just indulge. I am here to inquire and digest the wealth of knowledge all of you experts possess. I have plenty of questions that I hope you guys can help me with, to build my dream, but at the same time, to build a friendship with everyone.

On aircraft, everything from flight deck avionics equipment, to engines and seats. On watches I’ve been practicing on my grandfathers old pocket watch he gave me. So far im building up the right tools to work on them but still learning what common practices are on the watch side of things. Luckily I’m used to researching procedures and illustrated parts catalogs with aircraft maintenance which helps to troubleshoot and identify what needs to be done for the repair. Im not a watchmaker yet by any means but I’m trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! I would like to do similar things myself! I suspect quite  a few of us would and some on here may be doing just that right now in secret! I hope your plans take off though! :D sorry couldn't resist that little pun. There are not enough high end watchmakers. I am just playing, discovering and enjoying at the moment. Probably doing too much of that. 

I think it would be good if you could build the prototype yourself. I met someone by chance at a car show, he was starting a micro brand, not high end, and there was a lot he didn't quite get that I have already picked up from this forum and the YouTube videos Mark has done.