Seiko SARB033 wobbly hands when crown pulled out

N3FSD

Hello everyone, I have recently been caught up in the Seiko SARB033 frenzy and bought one direct from Japan with Japan only warranty. The watch is perfect and exactly how I expected it to be, however when I pulled the crown out to change the time I noticed a worrying amount of play/wobble in the hands as if they are loose. The watch keeps good time, well within spec. I was told that the movement is loose and that the movement clamps need tightening. Could there be another reason for this problem as I see no moving of the movement through the display back. Any help will be much appreciated. 

That is excessive and strange play, possibly a lose cannon pinion. It doesn't seem that the entire mov't is moving by looking at the date, which doesn't move. Either have it inspected by a reputable watchmaker or return it to the seller. If they raise any objection just open a claim with PayPal or the CC issuer and let them handle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Fault at center hole, cuz seconds arbour moves too. If the is a center jewel ! Then broken otherwise excessive wear at center hole. 

I agree with that. But it can't be wear since it's a new watch. I'd be curious to see a timegrapher picture.

• Thanks 1