TZ glossary of watch part and names

Hi  I have attached a glossary of watch parts and names  from Time Zone in PDF.  I thought that this might be helpfull to all the new menbers who struggle to name the parts of watches and will also help them to understand which bit is their problem amd also disseminate the answers given in horological terms     Hope you find it usefull.

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf

1 hour ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  I have attached a glossary of watch parts and names  from Time Zone in PDF.  I thought that this might be helpfull to all the new menbers who struggle to name the parts of watches and will also help them to understand which bit is their problem amd also disseminate the answers given in horological terms     Hope you find it usefull.

TZIllustratedGlossary.pdf 4.2 MB · 5 downloads

very  good show !  thanks,    vin

3 hours ago, Mark said:

Thank you so much for this but may I please ask, is there copyright on this? We don’t want to have problems down the line. 

I would be very disappointed if this were copyrighted information. This is information we should all have access to and can be vital to our profession/hobby. Collecting publicly available information and then assembling it into a concise document should, In my humble opinion, be something that shouldn't be copy-writable. I understand the concerns over whether it is copywrited, and agree with that concern, but in my heart and soul, I hope it isn't. Ok, I'm stepping off my soap box now.... carry on! 

Hi  As a member of the TZ site we have access to all such information.    its in the public domain and no mention of copywrite.   Usually anything that is copy write protected is headed with the heading  That it i. is or is is not able to be down loaded for that reason. It is in read only format.  If it had been documented as copy write protected I would have not put it on the site.     

I am no legal expert but I believe that once an author leaves his work for 13 years in electronic form on public website where anyone can download, print or otherwise distribute it, there is little chances he can threaten if is re-hosted with full disclaimers about the provenience. In fact, this one is also hosted on a bunch of other watchmaking, or PDF archives.
I believe it would be a bit different would be if one was to use an illustration or text portion in own work without permission.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  As a member of the TZ site we have access to all such information.    its in the public domain and no mention of copywrite.   Usually anything that is copy write protected is headed with the heading  That it i. is or is is not able to be down loaded for that reason. It is in read only format.  If it had been documented as copy write protected I would have not put it on the site.     

Many thanks :)

Hi Guys  Flwatchguy,  No you did right to question it its all to easy to cock it up. Checkout Kirk Fassbenders  project on dialfoot soldering machines they are all read only and will not allow down loads although  I have seen some of his stuff up for grabs.   If anything mentions copy write I read it and leave it.  By the way  Keep the soapbox you might need it again some day.    This is a brilliant site with equally brilliant contributers covering a multitude  of watches, clocks and things in between, long may it continue. there I have got off my soapbox now           all the best  and thanks for policing the content.:geek:

• Like 1