Timor (Dirty Dozen)

I have a Timor watch which I have had since the 1960's.

I think I bought it for little money from the Exchange & Mart.

It has a crack in the glass between the 5 and 7 and I would like to have it renewed.

I asked 'In Time' to renew it but they said they couldn't.

Can anyone recommend someone in the UK to replace  the glass.

I live in North East Wales.

Many thanks

Highflyer 

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

• Like 1

Find John Senior at http://www.obsoletewatchandclockparts.com/ and talk to him asking for replacement. He is retired so he probably would not replace it himself, but could sell you the proper right sized "glass".  Any watchmaker could replace a glass as far as I know, but you could also ask John to see if he recommends somebody. Probably a service would also be nice, but obviously it would cost some money. John helped me with my www eterna, he lives in York and I sent my watch to him via the post, he does not take jobs from customers anymore, but he could not resist my eterna. Alternatively check out https://www.mwrforum.net/

Good luck!

2 hours ago, luiazazrambo said:

Find John Senior at http://www.obsoletewatchandclockparts.com/ and talk to him asking for replacement. He is retired so he probably would not replace it himself, but could sell you the proper right sized "glass".  Any watchmaker could replace a glass as far as I know, but you could also ask John to see if he recommends somebody. Probably a service would also be nice, but obviously it would cost some money. John helped me with my www eterna, he lives in York and I sent my watch to him via the post, he does not take jobs from customers anymore, but he could not resist my eterna. Alternatively check out https://www.mwrforum.net/

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for your response, I will take a look at your advice.

Many thanks

Highflyer

Not, it's a flanged crystal whereby the flange is held in place by a threaded retaining ring.

John will have some and may offer to fit it. If not then send it to me and I can sort it.

19 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  Any competent watch repair out let will be able to do that for you ie  Timpsons  , The watch hospital etc

It will probablr be a domed acrylic.

Thanks for your input watchweasol.

I sent my request with photographs to 'In-Time' who said they could replace the crystal.

I took it to them and a week later they messaged me to say they couldn't 

make the repair.

So with the advice sent to me by yourself and other members, I will contact the recommended  members to hopefully get this issue sorted out.

Many thanks

highflyer

19 hours ago, rodabod said:

Not, it's a flanged crystal whereby the flange is held in place by a threaded retaining ring.

John will have some and may offer to fit it. If not then send it to me and I can sort it.

rodabod,

I thank you for your informed knowledge regarding the replacement crystal for my Timor www and your recommendation and offer to make a repair.

I will make contact with John as per your recommendation and hopefully he might be able to help me out.

Many thanks

highflyer

On 3/6/2020 at 3:53 PM, highflyer said:

Hey, thanks for your response, I will take a look at your advice.

Many thanks

Highflyer

Contacted John Senior on Sunday regarding my Timor crystal replacement and it was returned on the following Wednesday all work completed, a four day turn around, outstanding!

Excellent advice and service from a craftsman who knows his stuff.

Highflyer

• Like 1