How remove Certina movement? (KF 404)

Sorry for asking yet another how to remove movement question!!!

I have the back off and the crystal off.  It was not a split stem.

The movement and dial do not fit out the back or the front.  A conundrum indeed. 

The movement and dial move front to back about 1/16 of an inch, so it is loose in there.  And it rotates freely.  But the front and the back of the case are not wide enough to get the movement and dial out.

I think the movement would come out the back if the dial were not attached.

There is a rubber gasket still on the back rim in the photos.

As always your help is much appreciated.

-George

WIN_20200305_12_09_13_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200305_12_10_02_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200305_12_15_57_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200305_12_09_36_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200305_12_09_43_Pro.jpg

Hi  The fact that it rotates ok and moves front to back ok and the movement locking screws are out there is not much left to hold it except probably the rubber locking gasket, But if it moves forwards enough for you to check and see is there are dial retaining screws around the edge of the movement and if so can you gain access to the  to remove the dial.   I have attaches some certina case details in the hope they might prove usefull.

Certina C0174101103700 Case.pdf

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi  The fact that it rotates ok and moves front to back ok and the movement locking screws are out there is not much left to hold it except probably the rubber locking gasket, But if it moves forwards enough for you to check and see is there are dial retaining screws around the edge of the movement and if so can you gain access to the  to remove the dial.   I have attaches some certina case details in the hope they might prove usefull.

Certina C0174101103700 Case.pdf 167.92 kB · 1 downloa

Hi watchweasol, thank you for these PDF links, great.

In my book, you win the day everyday. 

Thank you, as always, for your help.  Thanks for the PDF - not really what my case construction looks like.

The 2 movement retaining screws have been removed earlier.

I just scraped off some of the gasket material. (yellow arrow)

It looks like there is a metal ring inside the case.  (red line)  This is certainly what is preventing the movement/dial from coming out the back.  Do you think this ring is removable?  If so, how might that be done.

3-5.PNG

Any ideas on how to get the movement ring out? 

can I use a back press and push it out from the front?

or

maybe remove all of the old gasket and put some penetrating oil around the ring?

Do they pry out?

Open to ideas.

I am beginning to think that with this watch stuff - knowing what to do is half the battle (that and not losing any of those tiny parts ;-)

Thanks so much.  Pried the ring up after taking out the gasket gunk and it came up after a bit of a battle.

Movement and dial and movement ring are out of the case!

WIN_20200305_15_04_20_Pro.jpg

• Like 1