Timegrapher maintenance.

fjseal

Is there any requirement to periodically calibrate a Weishi Timegrapher? There is a Frequency Calibration socket on the back of mine, and today my Vostok movement was reading plus several seconds a day, then changed to minus for no apparent reason. When I worked in aircraft maintenance things like torque wrenches had to be checked every six months, so I am wondering if watch repair may have similar rules laid down. Would appreciate any thoughts or knowledge, thanks.

Regards.

10 minutes ago, fjseal said:

Is there any requirement to periodically calibrate a Weishi Timegrapher? There is a Frequency Calibration socket on the back of mine, and today my Vostok movement was reading plus several seconds a day, then changed to minus for no apparent reason.

Being blunt, I'd blame the Russian mechanical watch first, and then after proof, the Chinese electronic instrument.
Simple test, place another good watch on it, does the the same, or what it does?
The calibration procedure for the machine in unpublished, and unknown outside the manufacturer.

• Like 1