How to loosen a rusted dial screw.

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Ammar, that's an FHF 362 with the left handed dial screws. They even have the ubiquitous three cuts in them to denote that. I'm working on one at the moment and too was surprised by them.

Are they good movements?

And how could you tell what they are? There is nothing written on the movemement apart from (seventeen jewels).

And they don't have quick date set which is annoying.

The one I have is in a great condition but the case isn't unfortunately.

Edited by Ammar

20190713_195751.thumb.jpg.96912767e9bedc200ac9749c5ecf7050.jpgHi Amar, I think it's a lovely little movement to work on. Cheap as chips for donor watches if you need parts. Mine does have the movement marking under the balance, as you can see in one of the pics

DSC_6367.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon said:

They even have the ubiquitous three cuts in them to denote that. I'm working on one at the moment and too was surprised by them.

I was thinking, is it possible that the dial foot does not meet the center of the screw but to the left somehow? If so, it would make sense a reverse thread to pull down the the foot while tightening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So, it didn't take a year but a couple of months before I tried again. I was reading the previous threads and online about alum which in Sweden is sold as Alun and may be found in well sorted supermarkets or in pharmacies. I bought som and it looked lite coarse salt (probably is) but I have great difficulties dissolving the alun in water and there's quite a lot of alun salt not dissolved at the bottom of the container. Is this normal ? Any suggestions how it should be applied ? I would rather not put the whole thing (I have taken the movement apart as far as possible but the dial and motion works etc is still on it).