My First Hummer - Omega Constellation F300

WillFly

I've been looking out for an Omega cal. 1250 f300Hz "hummer" for some time, and I've just acquired one with a nice, dress-style dial, fully stripped-down and serviced from 1970. Looking forward to getting this one...

post-64-0-25495000-1421700831_thumb.jpg

post-64-0-32608000-1421700833_thumb.jpg

post-64-0-23321700-1421700829_thumb.jpg

Edited by WillFly

Thanks Geo! I'd heard about that. Actually, I have a little radio-controlled, battery-driven clock by my bedside - not a watch in sight!

Mind you, it couldn't be louder or more resonant than madame's snores... :D

• Like 1

Hi JC - if I remember correctly, I've got about 60 or so, excluding pocket watches. They're mainly mechanical, with just a couple of autos, a couple of solar powered movements, one quartz (Bulova Precisionist) and now my first electric watch. Oh, and a few movements which are incomplete because I've pillaged them for parts!

The chap who sold me the f300 (on eBay) turns out to be something of an expert on these watches, among other things. This one has been completely stripped, cleaned and serviced - pictures on eBay to prove it - and a detailed description of the work he'd carried out. He emailed me this morning with some technical documents about the watch and to have a chat about my collection. Seems like a decent guy.

If they're suitable, I'll post the tech. documents in the "Watch Repair and Tutorials" section of the forum.

Hi JC - if I remember correctly, I've got about 60 or so, excluding pocket watches. They're mainly mechanical, with just a couple of autos, a couple of solar powered movements, one quartz (Bulova Precisionist) and now my first electric watch. Oh, and a few movements which are incomplete because I've pillaged them for parts!

The chap who sold me the f300 (on eBay) turns out to be something of an expert on these watches, among other things. This one has been completely stripped, cleaned and serviced - pictures on eBay to prove it - and a detailed description of the work he'd carried out. He emailed me this morning with some technical documents about the watch and to have a chat about my collection. Seems like a decent guy.

If they're suitable, I'll post the tech. documents in the "Watch Repair and Tutorials" section of the forum.

60! Then I don't feel so bad when I look at my collection and think to myself "Joe, how in the world can you justify having THIS many watches!" I have about 27 wearable, and another 5 or 6 that are in pieces. I'd like to see the tech sheet on the F300hz. The service for these is kinda expensive. I had mine done at a place near Chinatown here in NYC and the guy (Ernie) was wearing a spaceview accutron from the 60's and I knew he was experienced with these type movements. Omega-Bulova coil-driven works are considered the high end of the tuning forks. Put the tech sheet on the F300hz up when you get a chance.

J