Concept Rolex Red Submariner 16610 exhibition case

As I posted in the other section I am interested in a modern sweet spot classic watch based on Red Submariner 1680. The choice would be the 16610 because it has the white gold hpur markers. 

I can obtain bgw9 lume or notilumnia blue as well both almost identical in quality to Chromalite. The rotor idea is to gold plate 18 or 24k. My idea was to buy the 1661parts mostly original though a few after market maybe could be swapped. I would find a used worn dial and have that refinished to new but with bgw9 lume job and Submariner in red. Gold plate the rotor, wherever they would do that, and add the sapphire caseback. Voila. I have to find affordable parts and a place to plate the rotor. Thoughest part might be luming the pip on the bezel with the blue lume. Dont know if a ceramic insert exists for the watch but aluminum would be fine if it was original. The goal is NOT a fake Rolex but an inspired prototype homage not for sale but personal use. 

Selecting the movement is crucial. I definetly want a chronometer grade. I always liked the red Submariner but want the 904l shine and glow of the chomalite or equivalent blue. If anyone knows where to obtain chonometer movement 2829 2 or original Rolex 3135 for a good value please let me know. Thank you. 

Edited by Winstriumphs

I found a group whom can mod the dial. So it is movement, pip and maintaining water resistance after sapphire caseback is applied. The movement is a two part challange. First I need to obtain a chonometer grade 2892 or 3135 movement and then I need to find a place where they test and offer certificate for Chonometer -2 to 2 sec per day. If anyone knows where to obtain the movement and the testing please let me know. If I complete the project I have a couple other concept watches I would explor including A Yahtmaster 116622 with white enamel dial and gold accents as well as an IWC mk 15 or 16 with all numeral present and date next to 3 position. I see these as perfections on their on models. I would eventually like to work on an upgrade to the Marathon watch making it finer. Lume dial and hands could be improved. Marathon watches are nice for military law enforcement especially special forces CIA etc. but they could use some improvements.

Edited by Winstriumphs
error