Durowe 441 missing incabloc lyra spring

m0g

Hey there, I'm new to the forum and I have a question:

I recently started experimenting with watchmaking.

For my first project, I purchased a cheap and old Laco-sport with a Durowe 441 caliber.
I strip the movement down, cleaned everything with lighter fluid, oil the parts that needed oiling and put everything back together.

When taking apart the shockproof jewel from the balance wheel, I somehow managed to loose the brass clip that retains the whole system together.

So my question is, how can replace that missing brass clip (I believed it's called a lyra-spring)?

Thank you.

IMG_20200201_140451.thumb.jpg.96f9eb349a72bd6871a2088be35cdd87.jpgIMG_20200222_155249.thumb.jpg.1716e334641943a3d5b436768aa26efd.jpg

56 minutes ago, m0g said:

Could it be possible otherwise to bend a click spring (I have spares) to use it as a replacement?

No. Shock springs are much thinner. It is always recommended, especially to beginners, to work on all kinds of springs within a clear bag.

5 minutes ago, jdm said:

No. Shock springs are much thinner. It is always recommended, especially to beginners, to work on all kinds of springs within a clear bag.

All right, I found a new shock spring on ebay. Do you care to elaborate on how can I work with a clear bag? Thanks

1 minute ago, m0g said:

All right, I found a new shock spring on ebay. Do you care to elaborate on how can I work with a clear bag? Thanks

Just poke in it tweezers and pegwood as needed, it anything pings, which be reassured is a common occurence, it won't be lost.