Tommy Hilfiger watch pusher

Facsi

Hi. I have a Tommy Hilfiger watch that damaged the pusher a few months ago when it fell on the ground.

I opened the watch to try to fix the pusher because it is stuck in a pressed position. I tried pushing it back from the inside after removing the mechanism but it is very hard. I was going to try using a press to remove it but I don't know if the pusher is pressed or it is threaded.

The inside is just a pin with a circular lock.

How can I find this out?

IMG_20200220_231526.jpg

IMG_20200220_231635.jpg

IMG_20200220_231643.jpg

For a watch of that value I assume that it's pressed in. From my past experience the likely reason for the pusher holding in is that the shaft is bent and preventing it from move moving smoothly in the pusher housing. Before looking to replace the pusher, I would press the shaft from inside the watch case to reset the pusher position and then check the angle of the pusher head. The circlip could be removed to release it entirely for examining the bent shaft and straightening it. I've even left a pusher assembled and grasped the pusher button and straightened it. I'm currently wearing a Speedmaster automatic Day-date that I corrected this way and it didn't affect water resistance.
Good luck!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Thanks Lwayslate.

I saw your message back then. but I only could manage to remove it today. It was oxidized but all rust was removed.

Now the issue is the reason it was stuck: the housing for the button is just a little bent. Probably due to a fall. The button is perfect

What would be the best technique to unbent it? i can't think of any tools i have that would fit there.

Its stainless steel. So very hard...

hi tudor.

doing so the button would be useless, as if i had not fixed it.

I used silicone spray to lubrificate the rubber. the other button is working better than before. I also have a habit to avoid watches come near to water :)