Jump to content
  • 0

Question

hey

i have just started using the weishi and im struggling on a read out on a old everite watch.

The pics below show consecutive screens.

I am presuming its beyond help unless someone know something i am missing.

I have moved the adjustment timer on the balance and it does not seem to make a difference.

cheers

gary

IMG_20200217_195242.jpg

IMG_20200217_195325.jpg

IMG_20200217_195403.jpg

IMG_20200217_195442.jpg

IMG_20200217_195520.jpg

IMG_20200217_195600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
16 minutes ago, gary17 said:

I have just started using the weishi and im struggling on a read out on a old everite watch

The instrument is doing his job correctly, telling you this piece at the minimum needs a complete, accurate service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, gary17 said:

hey

i have just started using the weishi and im struggling on a read out on a old everite watch.

The pics below show consecutive screens.

I am presuming its beyond help unless someone know something i am missing.

I have moved the adjustment timer on the balance and it does not seem to make a difference.

cheers

gary

IMG_20200217_195242.jpg

IMG_20200217_195325.jpg

IMG_20200217_195403.jpg

IMG_20200217_195442.jpg

IMG_20200217_195520.jpg

IMG_20200217_195600.jpg

You are not the only one struggling to interprit tg graphes.  

Edited by Nucejoe
Poor amplitude, fluctuating daily rate, it is not running happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Gary I am afraid there is no point putting a duff watch on the machine when trying to understand it. Out a watch on that you know its characteristics and that it is a good one that way you know the machine works and you know what you are looking at. So once having acertained how it works and able to analyse its out put then introduce a watch like the everite and analyse its out put according to the instructions. Its a new toy and will take a little time to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Well you have a range of -102 to +3 seconds/day and I would say that the 'adjustment timer' (more correct term is regulator) is working fine.

If you're expecting a nice clean trace, that will only come with a strip-down, inspection and assembly with correct oil in correct amounts. There are no shortcuts.

Anilv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Assuming that the watch is nearly fully wound and you've set the lift angle correctly for this movement then the amplitude is woeful

There is a good discussion here on the topic of amplitude https://omegaforums.net/threads/amplitude-debate.78234/

With the amplitude in the 150 range, everything else is meaningless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
34 minutes ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Assuming that the watch is nearly fully wound and you've set the lift angle correctly for this movement then the amplitude

Worth to remind that even without bothering to set lift angle, or having a "large" discrepancy of 5°, the amplitude value is not greatly affected and will be accurate enough for making a go/no to call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Besides the obvious lack of amplitude, I think an important thing to check is to see if stud is loose in stud carrier. Other things to look out for are loose index pin and boot, index, harispring either at collet or stud end, shock assemblies, as well as condition of the pivots. 

Edited by CaptCalvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/18/2020 at 6:50 PM, CaptCalvin said:

Besides the obvious lack of amplitude, I think an important thing to check is to see if stud is loose in stud carrier. Other things to look out for are loose index pin and boot, index, harispring either at collet or stud end, shock assemblies, as well as condition of the pivots. 

I'd think anything loose there would show an irregular beat error (spacing between the lines).  That really looks like the good part here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...