What is this wheel for?

Question

8 answers to this question

The C clip looking thing just prys off.

But inside a plastic bag or you’ll likely never see it again if you’re not used to doing it! Or a big blob of rodico at least...

2 hours ago, Pip said:

But inside a plastic bag or you’ll likely never see it again if you’re not used to doing it! Or a big blob of rodico at least...

Good advice.  Though,  as a beginner, I decided not to risk it and cleaned it assembled.  

If you look at the PDF provided above and I snipped out the image the parts you need as a number. That if you go to the website they indicated you just find the number which I did and that's the part you need. Then you can click on the part and get the link that I have below at least there's more than one watch using it which increases your likelihood of possibly finding it.

Then a note regarding the numbers you find on the link below This number is the bestfit number  203/145 That's unique for the part. Then we get the description  CENTER WHEEL, OFFSET. Then this part number itself is not unique in other words the 200/1 unless you add in the watch caliber number. That's because you could find a 200/1 for another caliber and it be entirely the wrong part.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=V\]DXHX

center wheel offset part two.JPG

center wheel offset.JPG

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Could some one please tell me if I have the date jumper on this MST 521  up the right way. It flew away when I took the cover plate off. Managed to find it and the spring but might not be so lucky next time....Thanks
    • How did this project eventually go? The GMT-MASTER does not have an independently adjustable GMT hand. Basically, it points straight-up at midnight and straight down at noon. The bezel is rotated to use that GMT hand to indicate the second time zone. (you can pull the GMT setting gear from an ETA to simulate this lack of function) The GMT-MASTER II does have an independent GMT hand, which can be set. This allows three time zones to be possibly set. The Rolex 1655 has the same movement as the GMT-MASTER and the bezel is fixed. Purpose was to indicate day and night while in the darkness of a cave. I worked on a (crappy) replica of a 1655 which had the "quick-set" GMT hand. I think the dial is way to busy and difficult to read as well, but that's another story...
    • Welcome to the forum.
    • Turns out (accidentally) dropping it on the floor opens it allright:) Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    • Hi Tom,   Mine machine is working fine but slightly out of sync (I still didnt figured out why as in the biggining it was completly fine, no issues), so I use manual overide button to move between cycles, its abit tricky as I have to watch metal disks which turns things on/off if not it will jump to another cycle (it cause a bit of an issue as it wont spin long enough to remove fluid between jars).   Regarding documentation - one Ive scanned for you was received from Elma after I contacted them, they told me that they dont have any shcemtics for this machines, I only got electronic schema for RM-90 if I recall correctly which is much more advanced and newer. Because machine is not working as I would like it, Im thinking to create a new electronic system for it based on arduino or something like that, Im not a programmer so it might be too diffcoult for me. If mainboard replacement for RM-90 would be cheaper I could use that for my machine - just got that idea  right now :). Still some parts are the same between those two machines - jars, possibly motors, heating plate etc.   Im mostly interested in American pocket watches, actually South Bend only :).   Regards,    Rafal