Sign in to follow this  
riccardo

Riccardo

Question

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, riccardo said:

I've an old seiko 0654 5000, what sort of batteries does it need? I need the battery number or model in order to make it work again. Best Regards, Riccardo, from Italy.

One can probably find this info online but here is a tip that will allow you know by yourself:
Measure diameter and dept of the receptacle, use attached sheet as lists of all possible sizes

1_Battery Cross Reference Guide.pdf

Also, be aware that with old (and even not sold) quartz watches replacing battery is not guaranteed to make it run.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Thanks. I'm also seeing a no lubrication symbol for the corrector wheel. I see in mark's video that he lubricated the elongated hole for this wheel. Does lubrication go there? Or is there absolutely no lubrication for this component. Another question regarding reversing wheels. On a diagram I see in another thread it also shows no lubrication to be applied on the teeth or pawls whereas in mark's video he applies lubrication on the teeth. Is his procedure incorrect? What is the purpose of requiring epilame on these if no lube is applied here? Also the diagram does not show lubricating the date jumper on the part that indexes the date wheel. Should this area be lubricated like many other manufacturers do? Or is this not necessary?
    • I have replaced the capacitor in this JDM Seiko AGS Spirit Titanium (5M22 movement). This is a one piece case, so the bezel has to come off to get to the movement. The bezel gasket was a bit hard to get back in (ordered two new ones and ruined one), but it all went in on the second attempt (using a drill press. Yes, I am a newb and do not own a crystal press. But I have other tools and am resourceful). Here it is. I really like this watch. It's very well made, the titanium case and band make super-light and very comfortable watch. The crystal is most likely sapphire, though it does not say so on the back. I did look up the Seiko catalog and it calls for sapphire replacement part. Also, for a watch this old (from the early-mid 90's) the crystal is literally pristine. No scuffs or scratches. Very high quality piece that I am really enjoying right now. The new style capacitors (LiOn batteries, really) allow about a 4 month reserve on these. I am very happy with the purchase and the "service" I gave it. Before serivice b   After service    
    • Watches of this vintage  could be of either  2209 or 2409 variety. The 24 series is still being  produced  and new parts are still available  from meranom  in Russia. The  22 series is archaic  .parts must be cannibalized  from  other  movements. These can be purchased  by the bushel online. CHEAP.
    • For some reason it won't play for me.but my first  reaction is excess wear in the area of the balance  staff. 
    • Reminds me of a Richard Nixon..I am not a crook watch I once had.the eyes shifted  back and forth.