Air dust/dander removal around your bench

Hey everyone, 

I recently 'upgraded' my work space, and while I've found the larger space agreeable I've been having quite a problem with the air quality. The amount of ambient air dust is alarming and on more than one occasion has forced a re-cleaning of pallet stones/hair springs. I bought an air purifier which sits on my desk, but it's simply overwhelmed. I'd obviously love for the air to be absent of any contaminants, but I'm struggling to find a reasonable solution.

Has anyone else struggled with this? If so, what was your fix?

Thanks!

Cory

- Air purifier

-stay away from open doors, windows, ac vents, fans, pretty much anything that can cause a draft.

-use trays with covers to store parts before re assembling. When assembling put a clear plastic bag over the movement or buy a clear plastic storage container big enough to cut holes into the side for your arms to slip in.

Hi   Other than repeat what SASWatch has had to say,  the possibility of a portable air filtration system not a lot more cab be done.  Its always going to be a problem.  At work many years ago we had a clean room for repairing sealed unit disk drives where every one was kitted out with a suit, floors and wall were treated and the complete volume of air in the room was recycled through filters, extreeme maybe but when a disk head is flying at high speed at 3 microns above the surface the damage dust infiltration can cause was expensive.

Can't help with advices for us hobbyists but the problem also hits the big ones. We had an event at the Patek Philippe depandance here in munich last year and they told us their watchmakers at the munich service center had the same problem. As they had a complete renovation anyway they finally built cleanrooms similar to computer chip manufacturing plants.