Show us your blue dial watches.

FLwatchguy73

@JerseyMo has it right, from a distance and at a glance these two are incredibly simiUn

Unlike the Movie "Twins" with Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger,  both these are handsome, stylish, healthy and strong, one is sensible and affordable there other is a status symbol and has held it's value

Omega on the left, Timex on the right... They look like eyes, starting at me, following me!:startle:

1588725899546.thumb.jpg.791f2fc8fd8d7f2b1f5674c69b33a274.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FLwatchguy73 said:

@JerseyMo has it right, from a distance and at a glance these two are incredibly simiUn

Unlike the Movie "Twins" with Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger,  both these are handsome, stylish, healthy and strong, one is sensible and affordable there other is a status symbol and has held it's value

Omega on the left, Timex on the right... They look like eyes, starting at me, following me!:startle:

1588725899546.thumb.jpg.791f2fc8fd8d7f2b1f5674c69b33a274.jpg

My Swiss homage to the same Omega watch, Camy Kings Club.....

131283359_CamyKingsClubwrist1.thumb.jpg.ce7d2181dbcce6fea298b30d79267ddd.jpg

It dates from 1969 and is absolutely mint condition and came with the original strap (now replaced with a genuine crocodile one), a tag and a service booklet.....

1038949505_CamyKingsClubboxetc.thumb.jpg.406fadff81e39f380dcc3d53b3adaba8.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GomBoo said:

The movement stamped 'Britain', I've been looking for a while and I have never seen another Black dial Marlin with the gold block indices. The silver case may be an over the pond thing, I'll ck the 'bay'

Thanks 

GOM

Can  you add a picture of the movment?

Back on 'blue dialled watches', I finished sorting this one out today, day and date change were 12 hours apart :blink:. Turned out to be that the day change finger had somehow jumped over its stop on the plastic date change finger....:startle:.

Anyway once working correctly it deserved a nice new crystal and some wrist time..:thumbsu:

Its a 6923-8000 from June 1982, not a quartz calibre that I've come across before, rather surprised to find that the usual bronze 'C' clip that usually is used to hold the day wheel down had been replaced with, a very much more expensive to produce, solid ring with a sort of collet on the bottom, that clips onto the tube when pushed down..........

Seiko 6923-8000.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FLwatchguy73 said:

Does the bracelet bother you? Do you have a preference?

In general I love bracelets. The original, with folded links one is light but flimsy by today standards. Good  solid links ones are made for other case references, but not for this one. No big deal really.

Edited by jdm

• 2 weeks later...

49 minutes ago, steve1811uk said:

My restored Seiko Kinetic purchased and worn since 2004 SMY093P1
Rotor removed and running from a non rechargeable battery. Sapphire crystal fitted.

Seiko has always had a keen eye for the color blue. May I ask why you opted for a traditional battery over using the kinetic feature?

Seiko has always had a keen eye for the color blue. May I ask why you opted for a traditional battery over using the kinetic feature?
Hi, the reason is that I don't wear the watch everyday anymore like I used to. In my experience the kinetic batteries seem to go bad if not regularly charged. So for me it would be a waste of money to fit a new kinetic battery.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

While I'm generally not a fan of the Submariner aesthetic, it is a beautiful watch. The shade of blue is very appealing. I like how they color matched the hubs of the hands so they kind of disappear into the dial, it's a nice touch.