Show us your blue dial watches.

FLwatchguy73

RIMG0145.thumb.JPG.be27d33f1253f0490af523f7fbf30acc.JPG

Powder blue dial (which doesn't really show in these pictures) with light blue lettering, so it kind of qualifies as a Blue dialled Timex.

RIMG0146.thumb.JPG.bdf56337390b9f39c755f22306419642.JPG

Circa 1964, and manufactured in Dundee. I must admit the mystery dial above puts this one in the shade. I don't suppose you would consider a swap? No? Thought not.

There are several versions of "Timex Cinderella", and later versions have a picture of the Disney character on the dial.

RIMG0014.thumb.JPG.449fc271da73314d1ea7aa8aa499c27e.JPG

Omnia BG866 based late seventies pin lever with the ubiquitous for the time, offset crown.

RIMG0938.thumb.JPG.4eba0ff4b559ca39aca2460d0a7832e3.JPG

I posted this recently on the Watch of Today thread. Of the three, it is far and away the winner, despite the pitting on the plating.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, JohnD said:

Bugger that's another one I'm going to have to look out for!:unsure:

That's the mistake I made by looking back from the beginning of the WOTD thread. No joke, I bought 5 watches I fell in love with there!:P sometimes I like to be original, but when a watch is cool, it's cool, even if I'm not the only one with it.

1 hour ago, GomBoo said:

No... It was a gift from my favorite local Watch Finder.

Are you saying that one is on the block?

Bob

The one I posted is indeed listed for sale. You can find it over on the bay.  But, did you know the one you show is not original.  the case should be gold toned.  The chromed case was used on the one I show and another with a multi color dial and white hands.  If I recall correctly the case style is a homage to an Omega that was also marketed in the early 70's just as these were.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JerseyMo said:

The one I posted is indeed listed for sale. You can find it over on the bay.  But, did you know the one you show is not original.  the case should be gold toned.  The chromed case was used on the one I show and another with a multi color dial and white hands.  If I recall correctly the case style is a homage to an Omega that was also marketed in the early 70's just as these were.

The movement stamped 'Britain', I've been looking for a while and I have never seen another Black dial Marlin with the gold block indices. The silver case may be an over the pond thing, I'll ck the 'bay'

Thanks 

GOM

• Like 1