As the trimmer on this is a tiny low value variable capacitance it is probable that some contaminant has bridged between the two capacitor plates, at an edge, and dramatically changed the value of the trimmer, preventing the quartz oscillator from running. Turning the trimmer would break any bridging at the edge. 'All' you need now is to reset the trimmer for accurate time keeping :D, fortunately something I can now do on these, since I realised that  if I set the gate time on my Seiko QT-99 Quartztester to 120seconds it reads these and allows you to adjust them accurately. My M58 jump minute watch now runs to +0.5 secs/dayB)

On 2/16/2020 at 1:35 PM, JohnD said:

As the trimmer on this is a tiny low value variable capacitance it is probable that some contaminant has bridged between the two capacitor plates, at an edge, and dramatically changed the value of the trimmer, preventing the quartz oscillator from running. Turning the trimmer would break any bridging at the edge. 'All' you need now is to reset the trimmer for accurate time keeping :D, fortunately something I can now do on these, since I realised that  if I set the gate time on my Seiko QT-99 Quartztester to 120seconds it reads these and allows you to adjust them accurately. My M58 jump minute watch now runs to +0.5 secs/dayB)

Good to know! It's now gaining about 3/4 of a second a day. Since my phone based timegrapher doesn't register one tick per minute, I relied on a led style clock app on my phone that has 10ths of a second. 

Through a generous donation of a stellar OEM timex bracelet from a fellow WRT member,  I now have a nearly pristine 1978 Timex Falcon Eye! It looks and runs like a dream. It's honestly one of my best time keepers! Not too shabby for 42 years old! A huge shout out and thank you to @yankeedog for the kindness! 

My old cruddy one on top

20200221_170033.thumb.jpg.1b72f8f8815f2eeb7f6ff997e3d200d3.jpg

So much better! :wub:

20200221_171029.thumb.jpg.17e09139ff89a56370792ab210c7bce1.jpg

22 minutes ago, FLwatchguy73 said:

Through a generous donation of a stellar OEM timex bracelet from a fellow WRT member,  I now have a nearly pristine 1978 Timex Falcon Eye! It looks and runs like a dream. It's honestly one of my best time keepers! Not too shabby for 42 years old! A huge shout out and thank you to @yankeedog for the kindness! 

My old cruddy one on top

20200221_170033.thumb.jpg.1b72f8f8815f2eeb7f6ff997e3d200d3.jpg

So much better! :wub:

20200221_171029.thumb.jpg.17e09139ff89a56370792ab210c7bce1.jpg

Very nice, a good condition OEM bracelet makes the watch :thumbsu:.

About 5 years ago, I was attempting to restore the very first Seiko that I bought in 1973 but the bracelet was falling apart and someone on SCWF kindly gifted me a very good condition original bracelet for it :angel:....

95zOuln.jpg