Serviced eta 2824/2

I recently brought a genuine 2824 movement. Cleaned and serviced myself, and timed on the time graph. I think I did a good job? I'm open to advice and critique. The movement came with a rado rotor, so i thought i look for a rado dial. To my luck? I found one to fit the 2824/2. 1897621999_Screenshot_20200129-023517_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.9da9849e4cd8542a34a127afb69894fd.jpgI brought a genuine Rado dial from a private seller on ebay, which is a lovely dial. I noticed the original hour wheel it came with was a H2. When the dial was fitted? The hour wheel barely poked out of the dial. I had to purchase another HR wheel from a seller in Switzerland, H4 size. That's was perfect. Here some pics of the movement and the results from the time graph.

20200112_014602.jpg

20200112_015828.jpg

20200109_200515.jpg

Screenshot_20200129-023527_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-190828_Samsung Notes.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Great timings, even after 24 hours! Great job there. I've found the 2824-2 to be one of those movements you can adjust close to COSC standards for a relatively small amount of money for what it is. Also they're a real joy to work on. I bet you found that too?

I would love to see it cased up when you do

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jon said:

Great timings, even after 24 hours! Great job there. I've found the 2824-2 to be one of those movements you can adjust close to COSC standards for a relatively small amount of money for what it is. Also they're a real joy to work on. I bet you found that too?

I would love to see it cased up when you do

Hi Jon, yes, it's a real joy to work on these 2824, I had a great time! This is why I have a gold and nickel 2824. 

I will update with some pics once cased up. Thanks Jon!

20200129_024025.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Good tg readings :Bravo:

Rado has its own caliber designation engraved on some movements, Dose it on ETA 2824?

Do you have a case for it? Will you keep us posted?.

Thanks for pointing out! I've not noticed the rado engraving? I will have a good look for it? 

I will update once cased up.

Thanks Nucejoe

37 minutes ago, Craven279 said:

Thanks for pointing out! I've not noticed the rado engraving? I will have a good look for it? 

I will update once cased up.

Thanks Nucejoe

Traditionally, A higher grade movement than Oris for example is housed in some Rado. Some come with screw micro- regulator mounted on stud carrier which gives a better control over regulating. I wonder if these good timings you got are for some part at least due to higher grade of the movement,  Also lets you approach  COSC standards. Someone may shed some light on this.