Watch repairer recommendations

51 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

I think the hour hand is loose, best to uncase the movement, remove the minute and hour hand, peen the hole in the hour hand then reinstal the hands. Dial should protected just in case a tool slips as you press the hands on.

Thank you for your help but never done this before and I am so scared to touch this and maybe make it worse.

Ibought this back in 2020 and it still is going nowhere wrapped up in a case.

Terrible 

I reached out to marshall Sutcliffe on YouTube to see if he will have a look but no reply at all.

Can anybody remove the hands ?

Also did you see the picture I posted of the new stem ?

Does that look like the right one?

4 hours ago, Gordie said:

never done this before and I am so scared to touch this and maybe make it worse.

Shouldn't personally attempt it then.  

4 hours ago, Gordie said:

Does that look like the right one?

Need to have number of dimention of its profile to tell.

13 hours ago, Gordie said:

I have no skill to know or repair what is wrong

I think we need a clarification so I quoted something no skills to repair a watch correct? Is this an easy watch to fix may be but it requires skills. It's a Omega watch and as you noted finding a nice clean perfect older Omega watch is a challenge or maybe it's impossible? Having the problems you're having makes you wonder if the watch was really serviced at all. Sellers typically on eBay exaggerate the reality of the situation and usually don't backed up or guarantee what they've sold. Because if it had been recently serviced it should have a warranty and it should go back to wherever it came from.

If you've never done watch repair learning on an Omega watch is not a good watch to learn on. You need to find somebody who knows how to work on a watch and have them fix the problem. Otherwise things are going to really expensive really fast. Because there are not a lot of Omega parts out there. 

So to help us what is your watch repair skill level experience? Then can we get a picture of the inside of the watch in other words take the back off?

• Like 1

Hi  What JohnR725 has explained is spot on, without any prior experience the removal of the movement and re fitting of the hands without the equired skill level is frought with problems and as its an omega expensive ones and therefore best left to some one with experience.  Again pictures of the movement and any numbers are always informative.     cheers

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a very basic Seiko quartz (circa 1979) that is not working and looks a bit worn but has a lot of sentimental value.

I would like to find a very reliable person who will thoroughly clean and repair to new condition without removing the scratches.

How do I proceed?

Thanks.

• 11 months later...

I live in Thailand and have a Corum Admirals Cup with the rattrapante complication and it needs a service. Does anyone know of a watch repairer in Thailand who could do this for me. I have other watches to wear so can be without it or a while (perhaps this complication is of interest to the esteemed Mark for use in one of his videos). The watch is a recent acquisition and I doubt if it has ever been serviced so needs some loving attention as I don't even need to put it onto a timegrapher to see its daily rate is minutes rather than seconds out. There are lots of places advertising watch repair even one in Hua Hin where I live but I am reluctant to entrust this into the hands of an unknown repairer.