Watch repairer recommendations

Ariste Racine started his watch production in 1913 in the Jura mountains north of Geneva. The name "Racine" had already been copyrighted, so Ariste reversed his surname and registered the trademark as "Enicar". The firm produced watches up until 1988. There were massive sales to the Middle and Far East, and you have to watch out for repaints, fakes, etc. This is a nice clean one from the 1960s, with an AR 1010 movement in it.

Enicar%201.jpg

Enicar%202.jpg

Edited by WillFly

Another fine watch in remarkable condition with a high quality movement,  well worth keeping and preserving,  I notice it has got Incabloc shock protection.  Incabloc in it's self is fascinating in the way it works and how they ever manufacture such tiny, tiny jewels and settings is a mystery to me.

RogerC

At the moment I have:

15 American mechanical hand-wound pocket watches, of which 11 are Railroad Grade and the rest 3 are US military with a 4th UK military with an American (Elgin) movement.

15 mechanical hand-wound wristwatches: 4 Roamer, 3 Hamiltons (1 with a Swiss ETA 6497 movement), 3 Wittnauer, 1 Enicar, 1 Elgin, 1 Paul Jobin, 1 Longines, 1 Smiths. All pre-1970 with the exception of the Swiss Hamilton.

2 modern quartz watches: 1 Certina DS Podium chronograph and a Seiko Solar.

Edited by WillFly
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello, everyone,

I have a 'Swiss Emperor' chronograph (Valjoux 72 movement) which needs to be serviced.

I have emailed Mark twice about this, but have had no replies.

Can anyone recommend a reliable place to get the necessary work carried out?

I'm in the Harlow, Essex, area; but posting wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks.

Len.

image.jpeg

Hi Folks:

Can anyone recommend a watch repair shop which can reassemble a balance with stud, balance wheel, regulator, stud support and lower and upper indexes for an ETA 6497-1?  The local jewlers I've asked in my area don't want to touch it.  Phone number would be welcomed.  

Thanks,

Timezone (Central NJ)

Hi:  Thanks for the encouragement but I don't have the level of expertise required for such a delicate repair.  The hairspring has to be reattached and I assume the balance has to be calibrated which would involve test equipment which I don't have. It was my inexperience that broke it in the first place.  Thanks for your reply.

Timezone

As far as I know ETA does not make a complete balance.  I asked Frei and Esslinger and both said the same.  I've attached a pic of the parts and new balance wheel still in it's sealed package. The bridge is a little blurry. I purchased the balance wheel from Esslinger.

Timezone

Balalnce Parts.jpg